Samba 3.0.11 rilasciato

  • Vincenzo Ing. Virgilio
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2005
      From the Bernard-look-at-me-department:

      This is the latest stable release of Samba. This is the
      version that production Samba servers should run for all
      current bug-fixes. Please read the following important
      changes in this release.

      Common bugs fixed in 3.0.11 include:

      ~ o Crash in smbd when using CUPS printing.
      ~ o Parsing error of other SIDs included in the user_info_3
      ~ structure returned from domain controllers.
      ~ o Inefficiencies when searching non-AD LDAP directories.
      ~ o Failure to expand variables in user domain attributes
      ~ in tdbsam and ldapsam.
      ~ o Memory leaks.
      ~ o Failure to retrieve certain attribute when migrating from
      ~ a Windows DC to a Samba DC via 'net rpc vampire'.
      ~ o Numerous printing bugs bugs including memory
      ~ bloating on large/busy print servers.
      ~ o Compatibility issues with Exchange 5.5 SP4.
      ~ o sendfile fixes.

      Additional features introduced in Samba 3.0.11:

      ~ o Winbindd performance improvements.
      ~ o More 'net rpc vampire' functionality.
      ~ o Support for the Windows privilege model to assign rights
      ~ to specific SIDs.
      ~ o New administrative options to the 'net rpc' command.

      LDAP Changes
      ============

      If "ldap user suffix" or "ldap machine suffix" are defined in
      smb.conf, all user-accounts must reside below the user suffix,
      and all machine and inter-domain trust-accounts must be located
      below the machine suffix. Previous Samba releases would fall
      back to searching the 'ldap suffix' in some cases.

      Privilege Model
      ===============

      Samba 3.0.11 supports the following assignable rights

      SeMachineAccountPrivilege Add machines to domain
      SePrintOperatorPrivilege Manage printers
      SeAddUsersPrivilege Add users and groups to the domain
      SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege Force shutdown from a remote system
      SeDiskOperatorPrivilege Manage disk shares

      These rights can be assigned to arbitrary users or groups
      via the 'net rpc rights grant/revoke' command. More details
      of Samba's privilege implementation can be found in the
      Samba-HOWTO-Collection.

      Download Details
      ================

      The uncompressed tarball and patch file have been signed
      using GnuPG (ID F17F9772). The source code can be
      downloaded from:

      http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/

      The release notes are available online at:

      http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.11.html

      Binary packages are available at

      http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

      Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.