Spouse kept out of Germany already over 10 months. Is this a common tale ?

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2009
      http://eslkevin.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/germany-likes-to-build-walls%E2\
      %80%94or-chancellor-merkel/

      GERMANY LIKES TO BUILD WALLS—or Chancellor Merkel,
      Tear Down Those Walls?
      By Kevin Stoda, in Germany

      As most readers know, American visa seekers and long-term North American
      residents in Germany have been facing a lot of trouble in recent years
      keeping visas for themselves and getting proper visas for their loved
      ones.

      http://eslkevin.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/the-criticisim-is-increasing-th\
      e-german-visa-and-immigration-process-needs-to-be-investigated-by-canada\
      -usa-and-uk/

      Just today, I learned of an American missionary in Bremen, who was
      recently threatened with expulsion after it was determined that she,
      too, did not earn enough money to be allowed to continue to receive a
      visa in Germany. The woman has already lived in the country of Germany
      six years.

      Even though I earn (or receive as inheritance) over 60,000 dollars this
      particular year, I have been notified by the Wiesbaden integration
      office (Auslandsbehoerde) that I earn too little money to bring my
      Filipino-born wife into Germany to live. Therefore, I feel that there is
      a strong case for xenophobia directed towards American passport holders
      in 2009. On the other hand, the xenophobia is certainly more wide-spread
      than simple anti-Americanism. In other words, Germany has put a great
      Wall up in central Europe to keep non-Germans out.

      This wall-building against feared foreign hordes Central Europe is
      partially the result of widespread lawlessness and abuses in the visa
      system and foreign policy of Germany after the Wall opened up in 1989
      and when the Soviet Union disintegrated a few years later. During the
      1990s, Germany was unusually hospitable to refugees and a particularly
      group of Eastern Europeans who could prove German ancestry.

      This later group is sometimes referred to as "spaet Sielder"
      (late settlers) or "deutsche Einsieldler aus Ost Europa" (German
      settlers from Eastern Europe). The Soviet regimes had scattered, for
      example, German speaking peoples of Volga and Ukraine as far as
      Kazakhstan and Siberia in the wake of WWII. These peoples made up the
      last great wave of German integration of the past decade. In short,
      between the collapse of the wall, the collapse of the Soviet Empire and
      the Balkans wars of the 1990s, Germany took on several million new
      residents.

      This ten resulted in a severe tightening of border control and in the
      area of visa regulations in Germany in the first part of this decade.
      Later, after the Spanish and London train bombings, the noose was
      tightened further. Now, everyone who is foreign and wants to live in
      Germany appears to need to earn over 60,000 US dollars per year and must
      already have family living here.

      AMERICANS OFTEN DON´T COUNT AS FAMILY IN GERMANY

      Wait a second, I have family here in Germany. However, according to the
      visa offices in Wiesbaden and elsewhere, they do not count.

      Yeah, I have a sister, a brother-in-law, and 3 nephews and nieces living
      in Bavaria right now. However, since my brother-in-law is in the U.S.
      military, he and his family do not count as family for would-be American
      settlers or day-laborers in Germany. That is, my immediate family lives
      in a special economic zone in Germany, i.e. in an area called a military
      post or military reservation.

      This sort of location in Germany is known as living-off-the-economy. By
      the way, living-on-the-economy is the rest of Germany, i.e. not covered
      by such special economic zones. These special areas on the reservations
      or military bases use dollars and have their own commissaries and
      regulated gas prices.

      If one lives on or visits one of these special economic zones from
      overseas, one is seldom (if-ever) given a visa to work in Germany
      on-the-economy. In short, teenagers who grow up on such military
      reserves have no right to live or work outside the reservation.
      Likewise, mothers who live on such bases have no right to go looking for
      part-time jobs off the reservation.

      In short, through my USA family connections in Bavaria for visa
      purposes, neither my wife and nor I know visa security in Germany. The
      Visa offices in Germany treat my sister's family on the reservation
      as a non-existent family (who live by definition off-the-economy).
      Amazingly, though, my sister's family and many other Americans
      living on such military reservations find themselves spending a
      humongous share of their savings in Euros and in the German economy. For
      example, they go out for a bite of wiener schnitzel at the local
      restaurants or they travel on holiday into the Alps (to Christmas
      markets, etc.) or they seek out doctors off-the-post for assistance with
      childhood and special medical help.

      Likewise, even if an American military family would seek housing off the
      post or reservation, they would get soaked for rent of double the normal
      price because they would be competing with military subcontractors from
      the USA, who locate themselves near and around the bases.

      DO AMERICANS NEED A VISA TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY?

      Wait a minute—you might ask—do Americans need to acquire German
      visas before arriving in Europe?

      Well, the answer is NO. An American visitor can receive a stamp on
      arrival.

      However, my wife is not American. She was born in the Philippines. So,
      she is being currently barred from either visiting or living with me in
      Germany because the local Wiesbaden Integration Office (using bizarre
      criteria designed to keep most foreigners out) says that 60,000 dollars
      is too little for a couple to live on in Germany in 2009—although
      the German economy has had little-to-no inflation this year. ALDI's,
      the great supermarket chain, has lowered prices 33 times this year
      already.

      Meanwhile, according to a Middle Eastern newspaper, the population of
      Germany has sunk again. "Germany's population shrank for a sixth
      straight year in 2008, according to official data published on
      Wednesday. The number of people in Western Europe's most populous
      country now stands at 82.06 million people, down 160,000 from 82.22
      million in 2007, the statistics office said in a statement. The number
      of births and deaths in Germany last year was roughly unchanged compared
      to 2007, with around 690,000 births and about 845,000 deaths."

      With continued draconian measures against would-be immigrants, such as
      my poor wife, in 2009 the state of German, Central & Western
      Europe's most populous one, now has its lowest population total
      since East and West Germany unified in 1990.

      It appears now, in 2009, that the only way to gain legal residence in
      Germany these days is to come here illegally and apply. Thousands of
      Turkish and Eastern Europeans do so regularly. Then, after paying a
      fine, they proceed with their true European rights before the courts.

      However, this sort of land-crossing option is not possible for North
      Americans nor Filipinos—especially if they adamantly do not want to
      break immigration law and face expulsion nor arrest.

      TEAR DOWN THE WALL—ANGIE, PLEASE!!!

      Tomorrow, Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, will meet with Hillary
      Clinton, Michael Gorbachev, and other world leaders to commemorate the
      opening of the Berlin and East German borders on November 9, 1989—20
      years ago.

      That was a joyous time.

      Families who had not been able to see each other easily for decades were
      able to cross the East and West German borders at will.

      Unification was soon in sight.

      Please, Chancellor Merkel, tear down the wall run by both the foreign
      ministry and at the various integration offices (Auslands- und
      Visumbehoerde) in Germany, run by the Interior Ministry.

      Otherwise, years from now, people will remember Germany in this very
      decade not as a unified growing and positive example of global
      integration (and global unification)—but as a walled fortress
      hostile to new blood and peoples, i.e. a country which shrank into
      oblivion and never really learned to accept the needs of others knocking
      at their door seeking family unification, employment, and justice.

      NOTES

      (1) German Retail sales need to increase in order to supplant the
      declines in the losses on the global economy in the 2008 to 2014 period,
      but a decrease in in-grown purchasing power due to smaller population
      and smaller demands related to smaller demographics throughout Germany
      is not helpful.

      http://eurowatch.blogspot.com/2008/05/german-retail-sales-april-2008.htm\

      (2) More information on German and Japanese demographic issues can be
      found here:

      http://www.glocom.org/special_topics/social_trends/20021224_trends_s21/i\
      ndex.html

      (3) Another reason for outbound migration from Germany is discussed
      here:

      http://www.opednews.com/articles/HOMESCHOOLING-VERBOTEN-IN-by-ALONE-0906\
      11-541.html

      (4) According to the website below, "An investigation carried out in
      1978 revealed that since 1820 over 6,978,000 people emigrated to the
      United States from Germany. This amounted to 14.3 percent of the total
      foreign immigration during this period." In short, no country sent
      more peoples to live in America than did Germany.

      http://www.perfspot.com/groups/group.asp?id=8202177D-D9CA-4882-920F-73CD\
      272EA8AA

      "In 1829, Gottfried Duden, a German visitor to America, published
      his book, Report of a Journey to the Western States of North America.
      The book providing a very attractive account of German immigrant life in
      America. As well as describing spectacular harvests, Duden praised the
      intellectual freedom enjoyed by people living in America. The book sold
      in large numbers and persuaded thousands of Germans to emigrate."´

      It was in this waive that Friedrich Stade (Stoda), my great, great,
      great grandfather arrived in America.

      "The failed German revolution in 1848 also stimulated emigration.
      Over the next ten years over a million people left Germany and settled
      in the United States. Some were the intellectual leaders of this
      rebellion, but most were impoverished Germans who had lost confidence in
      its government's ability to solve the country's economic
      problems."
      Many other Germans left to live in other parts of continental Europe and
      into the open space of the Ukraine and Russia. Later, some of these same
      Russian and Ukraine Germans settled in the plains of the USA and Canada.
      I went to a Kansas college founded by such immigrants.

      "Others left (Germany) because they feared constant political
      turmoil in Germany. One prosperous innkeeper wrote after arriving in
      Wisconsin: "I would prefer the civilized, cultured, Germany to
      America if it were still in its former orderly condition, but as it has
      turned out recently, and with the threatening prospect for the future of
      religion and politics, I prefer America. Here I can live a more quiet,
      and undisturbed life.´"

      I wanted to bring my wife to live in the peace and quiet of Germany
      after living in the Middle East most of the past decade. I had expected
      to show her around Germany and Europe, but AULSAENDER VERBOTEN is the
      rule if one doesn't come from certain nationalities or races.

      Again, I ask: "Frau Chancellor Merkel, TEAR DOWN THE BUREAUCRATIC
      AND ANTI-FOREIGNER WALLS NOW this November 9, 2009"