Re: Website Overhall and Information Update for the Allegro LSA

  • Rex
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
      Well I looked at the website and read all the improvements to the 2007
      model. Everything I said needed changing on the 2005 model I've been
      flying seems to be in the new 2007 model.
      I hope the local airfield gets one to replace the one they have now. I
      may have to go back and start flying the Allegro again if they do.

      > Greetings, we have just updated our website for the Allegro LSA
      > aircraft.
      >
      > It includes details on the new 2007 model, updated 2007 price list
      and
      > many more new features and information pages.
      >
      > Enjoy, Michael Coates

    • Gary Orpe
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
        I could never get a decent price out of the giant list,
        <www.mcp.com.au/allegro/price-list/price-list-factory.html>,
        except to expensive for me. Seemed everything was an option but was being
        sold, if you could actually get one, ready to fly, usually with a lot of
        installed options. I got my plane with everything for $30,000 less. Awe,
        the price of plastic now days. Could have gotten the used Allegro
        demonstrator I flew in Hemet for $85,000 reasonably equipped.

        <http://www.sportplaneswest.com/.>

        Seems a lot of them selling now do not include the overseas shipping cost
        or port fees to their dealer location for starters. The fee for transport
        to the west coast was another $1,800 and then the certification and
        numbering costs, add those in as well and those are not cheap either,
        just not quoted in the initial price they claim, RTF.

        I mention this so you don't get hooked by a price it cannot be sold for,
        like planeswest above. And don't forget the additional $5,000 for state
        taxes too. While there check out the nice Sport Star for a little under
        $110,000 minus charges above. These things are just to expensive but
        selling like hot cakes. Go figure. Hey I got sucked in to the drama of it
        all and had to have one as well. Thankfully it ended up a very good deal
        and a super dealer to boot.

        Gary O.
        N181RL
        -} =original text
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

        -}Information Update for the Allegro LSA
        -}
        -}
        -}Well I looked at the website and read all the improvements to
        -}the 2007
        -}model. Everything I said needed changing on the 2005 model I've been
        -}flying seems to be in the new 2007 model.
        -}I hope the local airfield gets one to replace the one they
        -}have now. I
        -}may have to go back and start flying the Allegro again if they do.
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}> Greetings, we have just updated our website for the Allegro LSA
        -}> aircraft.
        -}>
        -}> It includes details on the new 2007 model, updated 2007 price list
        -}and
        -}> many more new features and information pages.
        -}>
        -}> Enjoy, Michael Coates
        -}>
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}Yahoo! Groups Links
        -}
        -}
        -}
        -}
      • Michael
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
          Dont forget these are AUSTRALIAN PRICES which seem higher because of
          the exchange rates... eg $70,000 US$ = $100,000 AU$

          --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Orpe" <garyo@...> wrote:

          > I could never get a decent price out of the giant list,
          > <www.mcp.com.au/allegro/price-list/price-list-factory.html>,
          > except to expensive for me. Seemed everything was an option but was
          being
          > sold, if you could actually get one, ready to fly, usually with a
          lot of
          > installed options. I got my plane with everything for $30,000 less.
          Awe,
          > the price of plastic now days. Could have gotten the used Allegro
          > demonstrator I flew in Hemet for $85,000 reasonably equipped.
          >
          > <http://www.sportplaneswest.com/.>
          >
          > Seems a lot of them selling now do not include the overseas
          shipping cost
          > or port fees to their dealer location for starters. The fee for
          transport
          > to the west coast was another $1,800 and then the certification and
          > numbering costs, add those in as well and those are not cheap
          either,
          > just not quoted in the initial price they claim, RTF.
          >
          > I mention this so you don't get hooked by a price it cannot be sold
          for,
          > like planeswest above. And don't forget the additional $5,000 for
          state
          > taxes too. While there check out the nice Sport Star for a little
          under
          > $110,000 minus charges above. These things are just to expensive but
          > selling like hot cakes. Go figure. Hey I got sucked in to the drama
          of it
          > all and had to have one as well. Thankfully it ended up a very good
          deal
          > and a super dealer to boot.
          >
          > Gary O.
          > N181RL
          > -} =original text
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

        • wesley marceaux
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
            I have not calculated the weight of the alegra , but If may say,the price of these play toys are ludicrous to say the least . I understand business but I can't for the life of me understand why the cost of fiberglass and a little labor is so high.. pound for pound and ounce for ounce the cost of these planes are approaching that of  silver , gold or platinum . There is so much blue sky tied up in ego and pride it is ridiculous . Compared to the cheapist auto one can find , the safty and tech. of the auto almost justifies the price.  And if one should weight the car one would find the price per pound is not totaly unreasonable . Doing the same for an LSA produces figures off the chart in all directions. You can bet that a company makes more than 15% on the sale of these little planes . Insurance is of course one of the reasons , but if the same research was given to the LSA as on the auto  , Insurance would be much lower .   an ultralight  price would be something like 50 lbs of tubeing , 100 pounds of sale cloth and say , 100 pounds of engine . yet it sells for  10,000 dollars . 254 pounds divided into 10,000 dollars== alot of EGO !  I am not saying that all sellers of the LSA are sharks , but I would stay in shallow waters just in case . G-ds Blessings be with all of you in this new year , we all will need it .

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~>

[...]

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • apollonorthamerica
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
              Lets not compare autos to aircraft. Autos are bought by millions and
              have few lawsuit against the manufacturer and less liability.
              Pound for pound is a very bad comparison too BTW. In aircraft you are
              trying and sometime paying a lot to "REDUCE" pounds.

              But out of curiosity what do you think these toys should cost??
              Abid

              --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, wesley marceaux <wesmarso@...>
              wrote:

> [...]
              >
              > Seems a lot of them selling now do not include the overseas shipping
              cost
              > or port fees to their dealer location for starters. The fee for
              transport
              > to the west coast was another $1,800 and then the certification and
              > numbering costs, add those in as well and those are not cheap either,
              > just not quoted in the initial price they claim, RTF.
              >
              > I mention this so you don't get hooked by a price it cannot be sold for,
              > like planeswest above. And don't forget the additional $5,000 for state
              > taxes too. While there check out the nice Sport Star for a little under
              > $110,000 minus charges above. These things are just to expensive but
              > selling like hot cakes. Go figure. Hey I got sucked in to the drama
              of it
              > all and had to have one as well. Thankfully it ended up a very good deal

            • John Price
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
                On Tuesday 02 January 2007 20:04, apollonorthamerica wrote:
                > Lets not compare autos to aircraft. Autos are bought by millions and
                > have few lawsuit against the manufacturer and less liability.
                > Pound for pound is a very bad comparison too BTW. In aircraft you are
                > trying and sometime paying a lot to "REDUCE" pounds.
                >
                > But out of curiosity what do you think these toys should cost??
                > Abid

                Abid
                This guy is trolling. He has come in here in the past with the same line. He
                has a gripe with the aviation people in general. (if i recall He was an "ex"
                employee of an aviation dept!).Anyway he knows he is off base but he has an
                axe to grind. I really think he just likes stirring the pot.

                John
              • Gary Orpe
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
                  I think they should all cost 4 to 5 times what they cost now. That in
                  itself would take care of most of the problems... Think about it!

                  Gary O.
                  N181RL
                  -} =original text
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

                  -}Lets not compare autos to aircraft. Autos are bought by millions and
                  -}have few lawsuit against the manufacturer and less liability.
                  -}Pound for pound is a very bad comparison too BTW. In aircraft you are
                  -}trying and sometime paying a lot to "REDUCE" pounds.
                  -}
                  -}But out of curiosity what do you think these toys should cost??
                  -}Abid
                • george_rf1
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
                    I have a plane just for you