anyone near Buffalo NY area ?

  • rocket
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
      I have just purchase an Aventura Hp with a Hirth 2704. I'm looking to get a 2 place down the road, but for now this is all I can afford for now. I would like to get to know other that fly them and tips of what they have found out about what to look out for and what they needed to change on them. I also want to put new sails on . OK so i have lots of queston on all this stuff. HA Ha. but for now where would you buy new sails from ?

      The other thing is looking others that live some where around Buffalo NY area that fly them >????
      Ron.
    • Robert Laird
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
        There is an Aventura group here:

        You might get a few more hits, there.

          -- Robert

        On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 6:22 AM, rocket <captmidnight2000@...> wrote:
        I have just purchase an Aventura Hp with a Hirth 2704. I'm looking to get a 2 place down the road, but for now this is all I can afford for now. I would like to get to know other that fly them and tips of what they have found out about what to look out for and what they needed to change on them. I also want to put new sails on . OK so i have lots of queston on all this stuff. HA Ha. but for now where would you buy new sails from ?

        The other thing is looking others that live some where around Buffalo NY area that fly them >????
        Ron.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Sport_Aircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Sport_Aircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • apollonorthamerica
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
          Aventura is made somewhere here in Florida as well. I know the composite shop that used to make its parts but I think they have changed vendors now.
          If you ever consider 2 seater, take a look at the Searey. I helped get them compliant and through a first make/model audit with the FAA in addition to helping them shave off 75 pounds from the aircraft through new composite schedules and other little tricks. First batch of SLSA production planes should be getting out to Oshkosh. They have some deposits in line to fill before getting to newest orders but at least they have an aircraft they can produce now instead of making people guess if they will get their aircraft as a SP.
          Abid

          --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, "rocket" <captmidnight2000@...> wrote:

          > I have just purchase an Aventura Hp with a Hirth 2704. I'm looking to get a 2 place down the road, but for now this is all I can afford for now. I would like to get to know other that fly them and tips of what they have found out about what to look out for and what they needed to change on them. I also want to put new sails on . OK so i have lots of queston on all this stuff. HA Ha. but for now where would you buy new sails from ?
          >
          > The other thing is looking others that live some where around Buffalo NY area that fly them >????
          > Ron.

        • John Weber
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
            You might try looking at this web-site.  www.sea-plane.com/‎.  This is the new web-site for the Aventuras.  John
            On Jun 14, 2013, at 10:12 PM, apollonorthamerica wrote:

            Aventura is made somewhere here in Florida as well. I know the composite shop that used to make its parts but I think they have changed vendors now.
            If you ever consider 2 seater, take a look at the Searey. I helped get them compliant and through a first make/model audit with the FAA in addition to helping them shave off 75 pounds from the aircraft through new composite schedules and other little tricks. First batch of SLSA production planes should be getting out to Oshkosh. They have some deposits in line to fill before getting to newest orders but at least they have an aircraft they can produce now instead of making people guess if they will get their aircraft as a SP.
            Abid

            --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, "rocket" <captmidnight2000@...> wrote:

            > I have just purchase an Aventura Hp with a Hirth 2704. I'm looking to get a 2 place down the road, but for now this is all I can afford for now. I would like to get to know other that fly them and tips of what they have found out about what to look out for and what they needed to change on them. I also want to put new sails on . OK so i have lots of queston on all this stuff. HA Ha. but for now where would you buy new sails from ?
            >
            > The other thing is looking others that live some where around Buffalo NY area that fly them >????
            > Ron.

          • Malcolm Brubaker
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 16, 2013
              i talked with ron and he has a good handle on the project but still needs the stndard kinda suport any newbee needs i can work with him in michigan but he knowes he needs to build a local net work of pilots

              Malcolm & Jeanne Brubaker
              Michigan Sport Pilot Repair
              LSRM-A, PPC, WS
              Great Sails - Sailmaker