history ?..

  • Malcolm Brubaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2013
       I would really like a history report of the good old days, something with the quality of the "History Chanel" I think that would spark a real interest for our sport, most that I have read on the net to quickly reflect the negative effects of sport pilot ,then the FAA and it all heads south from there. Just once i would like to here a report on this topic that does not mention that fatal crash of the tv news show host and how the media put a dent in our sport,their where other factors at that time also. if we never did anything stupid the media would not have anything to report.
      Any body remember hank and carol Austin? they had a tv aviation magazine show, they flew ther PPC for nasa in search for the space shuttle crash parts in Texas nearly 20 years ago. they both dyed last summer in a PPC crash on the sand dunes in Michigan on labor day weekend .an Honorable mention of them in the history report would not help our goal much.if duck dynasty and other shows like that can keep ratings why wouldn't a History based documentary spark interest in our sport? and if dun properly we could re write and set straight the history of you sport put it in a positive light and spark interest, the interest of out side the box thinkers that could move the industry in to a new trend, why not?

      Malcolm & Jeanne Brubaker
      Michigan Sport Pilot Repair
      LSRM-A, PPC, WS
      Great Sails - Sailmaker
      for Ultralight & Light Sport
      (989)513-3022

    • Gary
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2013

        It may do more harm than good these days seems to me. Not a good time to bring in new-bees and divulge how much we spend on these new machines.

         I would really like a history report of the good old days, something with the quality of the "History Chanel"