THE SAFER LANDING PATTERN METHOD

  • wj18001900
    Message 1 of 131 , Oct 3, 2010
      THE SAFER LANDING PATTERN METHOD

      Please click link below:

      http://v2.ez.org/landing_pattern.htm

      By Al Hodges (AGI, EAA Flight Advisor, FAA Aviation Safety Counselor Volunteer)

      Let's stop using two right angle turns from downwind to final. Instead, let's make a gentle turn of 180 degrees from downwind to final using 20-30 degrees of bank. This method:

      * Maintains good visibility for high and low wing aircraft
      * Makes it easy to adjust for cross winds by varying from 20 to 30 degrees, and
      * Maintains stall speed increase to less than 7% of normal straight and level stall speed.
    • Rex
      Message 131 of 131 , Oct 21, 2010
        Please stop the Off topic messages. People are leaving the group because of this.