Re: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group Photos from flying Lake Powell Area

  • choco16335
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      Gary,
      This is the best info I've found on the GC Special Flight Rules.

      http://grandcanyonairspace.iat.gov/index1.html

      Dave H

      --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Orpe" <garyo@...> wrote:

      > Those are of course terrific. I would hope to get there someday myself, but
      > isn't there restrictions as to where you can fly in the canyon? I always
      > thought there was. If so is there a special map you can use?
      >

      > Gary O.
      > "Mitfield"

    • Gary Orpe
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
        Message
        Thanks Dave,

        Wow. I knew there was something regarding tours especially, but had no idea of the amount of regulation of those airspaces. You would have to be under 40 to understand and remember all that. :D.

        Thanks for finding that info and sharing. There is quite a bit of info there, enough to keep me out of the way for sure...

        It isn't something that a person can't master with a little study before going in there though.

           Gary O.
         "Mitfield"