Re: AMD apology

  • liteflite2000
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 31, 2008
      Abid, I can see that your idol is indeed a normal person, although I
      have presented no pedestal. I refer you to Message #12867.
      Do you not substantiate your statements with the rationale behind them?
      My goodness, the emporer has no clothes! Big deal!
      There is an old saying my mother used to use all the time, "look before
      you leap" it's corralery is "think before you speak". Why does the
      truth offend you?
      What if the "mistake" wasn't as quickly verified, or as easily
      verified. What if someone you trusted implicitly (as appearently many
      of you have elevated to the status of oracle)told you something wrong,
      you made a major financial comittment because of it, then found out the
      facts drasticly contradicted the information given. You were then
      injured financially by this (I'll make up something this time so as not
      to offend the sensitive) lets put stock broker in place of salesman ok?
      You are going to tell me in all honesty that is just fine with you? th
      point to be made and the one you are missing, is people come to forums
      like these to learn the truth, not mistakes, not mistatement. They look
      up to people for (as you all seem to look up to some) information so
      they can make good decisions. Making statements as far reaching as the
      demise of a whole company, can affect stock prices and people's
      retirements. That to me is a big deal, and with the speed things
      propagate on the internet, a role model should be just that. A role
      model. The "harshness" is trying to get people to realize the size
      snowballs can get in the age of lightspeed communication, and
      encourageing further posting of rumors is also irresponsible.
      there is a lot to aviation that is a big deal, (I'm going to draw an
      analogy now so as not to go back to the AMD post)and those that shrug
      it off can wind up with broken airplanes and broken bones.
      Based on the reaction here I'm wondering if it really matters more
      about who than what. There seems to be quite a personality cult here.
      No angels, no pedestals.
      CSmith

      --- In Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Abid Farooqui"
      <apollonorthamerica@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > This is kind of very harsh. Everyone makes mistakes. So she sells
      > Tecnams (a very nice airplane BTW generally). Big deal. The rumor or
      > whatever you want to call it didn't last more than a few hours here.
      > She made a mistake. She apologized. Its over. Lets move on. Life's too
      > short to try and hold normal people on pedestals angels can't climb
      upto.
      > Abid

    • Gary Orpe
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 6, 2008
        Message
        Helen has chosen to not receive any more emails since the time it happened. She is using her time now to get Sun and Fun going and then will think about being active on the group. That's after Sun and Fun is over. So there is no point making a group post about this AMD thing any more. It has nothing to do with the group anyway. Send her personal posts if you like but the time has come to move on with the group.

        So you are right Herb.

        Thanks,

        Gary Orpe