EAA Sport Pilot Comments

  • Rex
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2002
      The sport pilot / light-sport aircraft proposal is one of the most
      significant rulemaking proposals FAA has developed for the benefit of
      aviation in the last half century. It will offer a dramatic
      opportunity for individuals who have always wanted to fly for fun,
      but found the process too expensive, too time consuming or too
      complicated. It will make aviation safer by making pilot training
      more accessible and aircraft ownership more affordable.
    • jb181975
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2002
        --- In Sport_Aircraft@y..., "Rex" <gilan@g...> wrote:
        > The sport pilot / light-sport aircraft proposal is one of the most
        > significant rulemaking proposals FAA has developed for the benefit
        of
        > aviation in the last half century. It will offer a dramatic
        > opportunity for individuals who have always wanted to fly for fun,
        > but found the process too expensive, too time consuming or too
        > complicated. It will make aviation safer by making pilot training
        >more accessible and aircraft ownership more affordable.

        What would Sport Pilot mean to me if I already had a P/P and was
        trying to get into flying a two seat fat U/L? It sounds like it would
        be illegal? Is there such as option of registering it experimental
        trainer while possesing a BFI. Sounds doable, but with all the talk,
        it couldn't be that easy?

        John