21438Re: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group Using Amateur Radio In Flight

  • dennis_persyk
    Jun 2, 2014

      Hi Rich,

      I assume you are using your HT in the Skycatcher.  It has the loudest cabin noise level of any GA plane. My Bose ANR didn't quiet enough, so I got a Lightspeed set --  works much better. But I am still concerned that my transmissions on the com are dominanted by background noise when I'm climbing at full power.  It sure sounds bad on the sidetone.

      At Sporty's you can probably find a headset adapter and PTT for your HT.

      73,

      Dennis Persyk N9DP  N900DP Skycatcher

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic