21356RE: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group RE: A starting point

  • Cy Galley
    Oct 17, 2013

      Not everything in the Wikipedia is correct as ANYONE can add or edit their articles.

      From: Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Bair
      Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:46 PM
      To: Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group RE: A starting point

      No argument Richard.  You are absolutely correct in your dictionary context.  You win.

      Meanwhile, I’m guessing the rest of the world will continue using it as a name for a maneuver that involves teaching a student to coordinate the rudder with aileron input.  Whether you and wikipedia like it or not.  lol.

      Jim

      Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:53 PM

      Cy,

      this definition:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_roll>
      is what I learned in commercial aviation when I designed the software to perform
      a 'yaw damper' action.
      It has nothing to do with turn coordination and/or 'stepping on the ball'.

      Any use of the term 'dutch roll' as a training activity of stepping on the
      rudder and/or activating the ailerons is a misnomer.

      R. Williams