      Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:53 PM
      Subject: RE: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group RE: A starting point

      Cy,

      this definition:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_roll>
      is what I learned in commercial aviation when I designed the software to perform
      a 'yaw damper' action.
      It has nothing to do with turn coordination and/or 'stepping on the ball'.

      Any use of the term 'dutch roll' as a training activity of stepping on the
      rudder and/or activating the ailerons is a misnomer.

      R. Williams