      From: Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
      Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:21 PM
      To: Sport_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group RE: A starting point

      abart,

      here is the definition of a dutch roll:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_roll>

      here is the definition of a barrel roll:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_roll>

      Generally, you should not be learning either maneuver while learning to fly.

      The dutch roll is a stability problem with air planes
      The barrel roll is a aerobatic maneuver that most air planes are not safe to
      perform (most air planes (other than stunt planes) have prohibitions on
      maneuvers that bring the wings and/or nose more than 60 degrees from horizontal.)

      R. Williams