21345Re: Re: Light-Sport Aircraft Yahoo group RE: A starting point

  • Helen Woods
    Oct 17, 2013
      Oh, come on guys.  Stop giving him a hard time.  We all know that general coordination training maneuvers are generally (if incorrectly) called dutch rolls and we know all exactly what he is talking about.  Congratulate him on learning to correctly use a rudder (which so many pilots don't).  Don't give him a hard time about his syntax. He's a student. Welcome him into the aviation fold and save the vocabulary lesson for English class.

      Helen

      On 10/17/13, Richard Williams<rkwill@...> wrote:

      abart,

      here is the definition of a dutch roll:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_roll>

      here is the definition of a barrel roll:
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_roll>

      Generally, you should not be learning either maneuver while learning to fly.

      The dutch roll is a stability problem with air planes
      The barrel roll is a aerobatic maneuver that most air planes are not safe to
      perform (most air planes (other than stunt planes) have prohibitions on
      maneuvers that bring the wings and/or nose more than 60 degrees from horizontal.)

      R. Williams