Re: SplashMoney

  • bill46bill
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Norma

      If you are going to change to MS Money on your desktop, then the only
      solution for your Palm is Ultrasoft Money. The two combine perfectly
      with one another.

      I've been using this combination for 2 or 3 years because SplashData
      was so slow to release a desktop version of SplashMoney, and I've not
      bother to change as the syncing between MS Money and Ultrasoft Money
      works so seamlessly and with no fuss.

      When I do a HotSync I know that what I have previously entered in
      Ultrasoft Money, will be in MS Money when I come to reconcile my accounts.

      Hope this is of some help.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, Norma Steele <noyahspam@...> wrote:

      > Justin, thank you for your candor. You have been most helpful.
      > >
      > > 1b. Re: SplashMoney
      > > Posted by: "SplashData" moderator@... splashdata
      > > Date: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:00 pm ((PST))
      > >
      > > Hi Norma,
      > >
      > > SplashMoney does not sync with Quicken 2007 or Microsoft Money. It can
      > > export to QIF which Microsoft Money can import, but Quicken no longer
      > > supports this format.
      > >
      > > To be honest, Microsoft Money has Pocket Money which it synchs
      directly
      > > with; Quicken has Pocket Quicken.
      > >
      > > We have SplashMoney and SplashMoney Desktop, which we offer as a
      simple and
      > > friendly alternative to these heavy hitters. We offer the same Direct
      > > Connect transaction download functionality that Quicken has, but
      without the
      > > bells and whistles.
      > >
      > > Try it free for 30 days:
      > >
      > > http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/download.htm
      > >
      > > --Justin
      > > SplashData
      > >

      > > On 1/30/07 8:57 AM, "Norma Steele" <noyahspam@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am considering using SplashMoney and have some questions since
      I am
      > > > unclear about exactly what SplashMoney can or cannot do.
      > > >
      > > > I am currently using Quicken 2007 but am considering switching to
      > > > Microsoft Money. I am primarily interested in using SplashMoney
      as a
      > > > "to go" version of my Quicken transactions on my Palm TX . Will
      > > > SplashMoney sync the quicken data to my handheld without me manually
      > > > having to convert any files. In other words, when I enable the
      > > > conduit and hot sync, the data automatically appears onto the
      > > > handheld? And can this also be done in reverse with entries made in
      > > > SplashMoney sync'd to Quicken desktop?
      > > >
      > > > I seem to recall something from years ago about having to
      convert files.

      > > > Last, if I do switch to Microsoft Money, will be able to do the same
      > > > thing with that program?
      >

      > Norma Steele

    • riddellwilliam
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 25, 2008
        When running SplashMoney on my Tilt, is there a way to have it open
        with the sliding bar at the bottom of the column instead of the top?
        Every time I need to reconcile my downloads I have to pull the slider
        to the bottom, even before I can do the next one.
      • SplashData
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2008
          Hi William,

          I am not sure I understand the question correctly, but I think you want to
          see your newest transactions more easily?

          If so, change the Preferences so that the Date column is displayed, then tap
          the Date column to sort Newest to Oldest instead.

          --Justin
          SplashData

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2008
            Also, this post really belongs in the Pocket PC forum:

            --Justin
            SplashData

            On 2/25/08 3:46 PM, "riddellwilliam" <b1494@...> wrote:

            > When running SplashMoney on my Tilt, is there a way to have it open
            > with the sliding bar at the bottom of the column instead of the top?
            > Every time I need to reconcile my downloads I have to pull the slider
            > to the bottom, even before I can do the next one.

          • jenni_ertl
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 10, 2008
              I downloaded the trial version and installed the desktop. It installed
              fine, but I cannot access anything in the Budget tab. Is this only
              accessible from the PocketPC? I'd really like to set up the budget
              from the desktop side.
            • SplashData
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 11, 2008
                Thanks for contacting us.

                The budget tab should look more or less like this in the SplashMoney
                Desktop:

                http://splashdata.com/splashmoney/userguide/desktop/#Budgets

                If you do not see any data, check the box for Show Empty Items, and change
                the definition of the budget on the left panel.

                --Justin
                SplashData