slide show jerky

  • mfduke2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4 11:16 AM
      Treo 680
      2 gig sd card
      aeroplayer and pocket tunes installed (aeroplayer default)
      music playing in background

      slide show effects are quite jerky. not smooth transitios.

      duke
    • Douglas J. Boehme
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4 11:25 AM
        Something about the 680 seems odd...sometimes it's fast, sometimes it slows
        down a lot. Also, the battery drain seems much faster even though the size
        is different. I think there's something going on in the background with the
        phone. Do you have the phone off when you're trying it?

      • mfduke2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4 12:04 PM
          Tried it both ways, same result. It's not slow, just not smooth.

          --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas J. Boehme"
          <douglasjboehme@...> wrote:

          > Something about the 680 seems odd...sometimes it's fast, sometimes it
          slows
          > down a lot. Also, the battery drain seems much faster even though
          the size
          > is different. I think there's something going on in the background
          with the
          > phone. Do you have the phone off when you're trying it?

        • SplashData
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4 4:18 PM
            Hi Duke,

            What speed is the memory card?

            I just tested with my Treo 680, but I have a high speed memory card.

            The Treo 680 processor is the same as the 650, so not as powerful as the
            700p, fwiw.

            --Justin
            SplashData

            On 12/4/06 11:16 AM, "mfduke2000" <mfduke2000@...> wrote:

            > Treo 680
            > 2 gig sd card
            > aeroplayer and pocket tunes installed (aeroplayer default)
            > music playing in background
            >
            > slide show effects are quite jerky. not smooth transitios.
            >
            > duke

          • mfduke2000
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4 7:00 PM
              Justin, I'm using a SanDisk Ultra II 2G card.

              D-

              --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, SplashData <moderator@...> wrote:

              > Hi Duke,
              >
              > What speed is the memory card?
              >
              > I just tested with my Treo 680, but I have a high speed memory card.
              >
              > The Treo 680 processor is the same as the 650, so not as powerful
              as the
              > 700p, fwiw.
              >
              > --Justin
              > SplashData
              >

              > On 12/4/06 11:16 AM, "mfduke2000" <mfduke2000@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Treo 680
              > > 2 gig sd card
              > > aeroplayer and pocket tunes installed (aeroplayer default)
              > > music playing in background
              > >
              > > slide show effects are quite jerky. not smooth transitios.
              > >
              > > duke

            • SplashData
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5 7:32 PM
                Well that is plenty fast.

                Maybe it has to do with Aeroplayer. Please try either making pTunes the
                default player or uninstalling Aero.

                Let me know if that helps.

                --Justin
                SplashData