Re: Unable to Open Desktop

  • pjdevitt2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
      Martha,

      I am having the same problem, but with SplashID. It just stopped working. I get an error
      message "Unknown error. (Error -5000)." I have tried repairing permissions, restarting and
      even changing the name of my data file and having my handheld overwrite the desktop.
      No luck yet. The application continues to work fine on my PDA (Treo 650) but I am getting
      frustrated with no desktop application. I was hoping that the folks at SplashData would
      come up with a solution.

      Pat

      --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, remmysmom@... wrote:

      > As of today, I am unable to open the desktop version on Splash Money. I have had this
      for a long time with no issues, but when I tried to open it today, I recevied the Windows
      error stating the application has encountered a problem and would need to close.

      > I have not changed anything. Could someone please help me on this?
      >
      > Thank you!
      > Martha

    • SplashData
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi Martha,

        The best solution may be to clean your data. Please note that you will lose
        any scheduled transactions and currency settings.

        The best way to do this is to export each account from the SplashMoney
        Desktop to QIF files.

        File > Export > QIF

        Then quit and delete this folder:

        My Documents\SplashData\SplashMoney\

        Then delete SplashMoney from the handheld:

        1. Tap the Home icon on your handheld to go to the Application launcher.
        2. Tap the Menu icon that appears below the Home icon to the left of the
        Graffiti area to display the App Menu.
        3. Select Delete from the App Menu.
        4. Select SplashMoney and tap Delete.

        Then reinstall:

        http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashMoneyInstaller.exe

        HotSync when finished. Launch SplashMoney on the handheld and find it empty.

        Then launch SplashMoney Desktop and import the QIF files.

        Then set the SplashMoney conduit to desktop overwrites handheld for one
        sync.

        -Justin
        SplashData

      • remmysmom@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
          This sounds good, however, how can I export files out of the desktop, when it won't open? I can't get to these files.

          Any other ideas?

          Martha

          The best solution may be to clean your data. Please note that you will lose
          any scheduled transactions and currency settings.

          The best way to do this is to export each account from the SplashMoney
          Desktop to QIF files.

          File > Export > QIF

          Then quit and delete this folder:

          My Documents\SplashData\SplashMoney\

          Then delete SplashMoney from the handheld:

          1. Tap the Home icon on your handheld to go to the Application launcher.
          2. Tap the Menu icon that appears below the Home icon to the left of the
          Graffiti area to display the App Menu.
          3. Select Delete from the App Menu.
          4. Select SplashMoney and tap Delete.

          Then reinstall:

          http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashMoneyInstaller.exe

          HotSync when finished. Launch SplashMoney on the handheld and find it empty.

          Then launch SplashMoney Desktop and import the QIF files.

          Then set the SplashMoney conduit to desktop overwrites handheld for one
          sync.

          -Justin
          SplashData

          On 10/30/06 5:32 PM, "remmysmom@..." <remmysmom@...> wrote:

          > As of today, I am unable to open the desktop version on Splash Money. I have
          > had this for a long time with no issues, but when I tried to open it today, I
          > recevied the Windows error stating the application has encountered a problem
          > and would need to close.
          >
          > I have not changed anything. Could someone please help me on this?
          >
          > Thank you!
          > Martha

        • SplashData
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
            Hi Martha,

            Ok, in that case, you could use the SplashMoney conduit to export the QIF
            files from the handheld:

            http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/userguide/index.html#Conduit

            Make sure to uncheck the box that says "Export New Transactions Only."

            After the QIF files are on the desktop, delete your SplashMoney data files
            and import the QIF files.

            Then I would delete SplashMoney from the handheld and reinstall because you
            may have some corruption there as well.

            -Justin
            SplashData