SplashMoney DESKTOP won't start up

  • therevguy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      When I click on Windows Desktop SplashMoney it doesn't open & I get a
      Red X stating: An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past it
      end.
      When I click on "Debug" the frame is entitled: Splashmoney Desktop:
      Application error" and the RedX says: The instruction at "0x004283d4"
      referenced memory at "0x00000034." The Memory could not be "read".
      Click on OK to terminate the program.

      The Palm application works perfectly, but won't sync with the Desktop.
      I don't know what to do next, and am afraid of losing my PALM data.
      Any help would be appreciated.
    • palmsoftgroupie
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        It sounds like one of two problems. 1. If it is a technical problem
        with the application, you could completely uninstall the desktop app.
        Reinstall it then right click on your hot sync conduit. Double click
        the entry for SplashMoney and choose handheld overwrites desktop.Next
        sync and your handheld data will write to the desktop app. Before
        doing this I reccomend you export all of your accounts as qifs to a
        memory card or internal drive on your device. 2. One of your memory
        modules could be bad. If you have more than one memory module in your
        computer, troubleshoot by removing all but one and restarting the pc.
        If all goes well, reinstall additional modules one at a time until the
        error repeats. Once you find the defective module, remove it from your
        system.
        --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, "therevguy" <therevguy@...> wrote:

        > When I click on Windows Desktop SplashMoney it doesn't open & I get
        > Red X stating: An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past it
        > end.
        > When I click on "Debug" the frame is entitled: Splashmoney Desktop:
        > Application error" and the RedX says: The instruction at
        "0x004283d4"
        > referenced memory at "0x00000034." The Memory could not be "read".
        > Click on OK to terminate the program.
        >
        > The Palm application works perfectly, but won't sync with the
        Desktop.
        > I don't know what to do next, and am afraid of losing my PALM data.
        > Any help would be appreciated.

      • SplashData
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2006
          I suggest you delete your SplashMoney directory from the desktop and restore
          it from the handheld. Trash this folder:

          My Documents\SplashData\SplashMoney\<user name>

          Then set your SplashMoney conduit to handheld overwrites desktop for one
          sync.

          To do this:
          1. Click the HotSync icon in the system tray on the lower right hand side of
          your windows desktop, and select Custom.
          2. A list of conduits will appear.
          3. Double-click the SplashMoney conduit and choose handheld overwrites
          desktop, then click OK.
          4. Perform a hotsync. This will move all the data (and password) from the
          handheld to the desktop.

          -Justin
          SplashData