Re: [SplashData] splash ID question

  • Web Sites
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      Rich could you email me off list about how to set this up? I've
      entered a URL, added login and password and set Safari as having
      access (OS 10.4), but I don't see how once clicking on a link it
      launches the browser (S-ID does, WC does), and then autofills the
      login and password (S-ID doesn't, WC does).

      Thanks,
      Grant
      websites-at-cableone.net
      On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:11 PM, Rich Gay wrote:

      > The Keychain Access utility included with OS X does this as well, and
      > is free.

    • Dale Kerr
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        > 6 months is a long time, but I can tell you that it is not
        > immediately in the works, and that feature is not even
        > definite if SplashID does get an upgrade.

        Sorry, just have to bite. Six months would seem like a long time, but
        not for SplashData obviously. I get the impression you simply don't
        have enough developers there and are spreading yourselves too thin
        with the number of applications and platforms that you now support.

        Your inference above means that SplashID (on Palm anyway) will have
        gone without substantial work for 2 1/2 years, and who's to say that
        won't become 3 years, 3 1/2 years, 4 years ... ? I am led to believe
        that version 4 is a long, long, long way off, that from a company
        perspective, SplashID is at a far too comfortable position in the
        product lifecycle, or the ROI does not warrant further development,
        and that users are merely p*ssing in the wind by suggesting feature
        requests or even commenting on the product. I hope you're not waiting
        for Palm Cobalt.

        What do other users think? Am I a lone voice?

        Dale.