Icons

  • jamesavantgo
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
      I'm with the group that doesn't like the new Splash Photo Icon.
      However, I think the new Splash ID Icon is the best yet. Any
      thoughts on the Splash Photo Icon looking the same way, except with
      an eye or something in the middle instead of the lock? And maybe
      blue instead of gold. Just an idea,

      James
    • John Chaffee
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
        Message
        I'm glad you like the new SplashID icon. It was designed by Pocket Sensei (makers of SilverScreen). Ther are redesigning all of our icons, and the rest will soon follow.

        Regards,
        -John

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
          Message
          Is there a way someone could make thier own icons for applications? And if so, How do you use them?
          -T_D

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
            There are some hacks that'll allow this. However, we'll be releasing new
            SplashPhoto icons (ala the new SplashID icon) in the future.

            Regards,

            Blaine

            On 11/30/02 11:17 AM, "davidhong123" <davidhong123@...> wrote:

            > I think icons should serve a function *before* looking pretty... can
            > I have the choice to change the launcher icon for SplashPhoto? Even
            > after seeing the smiling woman on a m550 (errr Tungsten-T) I still
            > prefer the old icon.
            >
            > Happy belated turkey day to those in the US! Happy Chanukah to those
            > who celebrate it...

          • Phyl Wason
            Message 5 of 12 , May 10, 2005
              I have icon manager. I use datebook and I have an icon set which is a
              default for datebook. How do you add more icons to use in splash shopper or
              splash ID.

              Phyl
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              sewquiltoo@...
              Phoenix Arizona
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              View my quilts at
              http://community.webshots.com/user/sewquilt
            • SplashData
              Message 6 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                HI Phyl

                Icon manager allows you to create a new default Icon set for SplashID, named
                "SplashDataIcons." you can do this, or select a different set as the default
                (bold) set, and that will be appended to the default icons in SplashID on
                the handheld.

                Then they will transfer to the desktop at HotSync.

                Only SplashID and SplashMoney support custom icons at this time.
                SplashShopper does not.

                -Justin
                SplashData

                On 5/10/05 7:49 PM, "Phyl Wason" <sewquiltoo@...> wrote:

                > I have icon manager. I use datebook and I have an icon set which is a
                > default for datebook. How do you add more icons to use in splash shopper or
                > splash ID.
                >
                > Phyl
                > *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                > sewquiltoo@...
                > Phoenix Arizona
                > *
                > *
                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • brounsh
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                  I am wondering if I can install different icons into all my splash
                  programs and how you do it.

                  Thanks
                  brounsh
                • SplashData
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 9, 2006
                    SplashID and SplashMoney support the addition of custom icons, but you will
                    need a 3rd party icon manager:

                    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&prodid=47054

                    That will come with some additional icons, but you will also find several
                    developers selling icon sets that can be managed and imported.

                    On 1/6/06 11:07 AM, "brounsh" <brounsh@...> wrote:

                    > I am wondering if I can install different icons into all my splash
                    > programs and how you do it.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > brounsh

                  • showyrwork
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 9, 2006
                      How do we add to the list of Icons in Splashshopper?

                      Thx,
                      RogerMoore
                    • SplashData
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
                        HI Roger,

                        Sorry, only SplashID and SplashMoney support custom icons. We may add that
                        feature to SplashShopper in the future.

                        --Justin
                        SplashData

                      • katmailgroups@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 27 6:47 AM
                          Is there anywhere to download more icons for splashmoney?

                          Kat

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 27 11:49 AM
                            Hi Kat,

                            Thanks for contacting us. We didn't go into any detail in the User Guide on
                            creating custom icons because you cannot even do this with SplashMoney. This
                            feature was requested by power users, who already use products like Icon
                            Manager.

                            1. You need to first download Icon Manager (free):

                            http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&prodID=47054

                            2. Now, any additional icons you have on your palm will be included in the
                            SplashMoney picker, so the HandyShopper icons that come with Icon Manager
                            will be added.

                            3. I find the easiest thing to do is just open the Handy shopper icons and
                            delete any you don't want, and then add new ones to that. You have to
                            create them on the handheld in Icon Manager. Then save the set, and voila,
                            it's in SplashMoney and gets transferred to the desktop application on
                            HotSync.

                            If you want a SplashData set of icons, create a set called SplashDataIcons.

                            -Justin
                            SplashData