Re: [SplashData] Re: Mac os 9.21 and Spalsh ID 3.05 changes system fonts!!!

  • SplashData
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Larrys_Market,

      Ok, I can reproduce the "smooth fonts" setting problem. However, I can't see
      any change on my screen when the setting changes. What happens on your
      screen. (The only thing that should change is the anti-aliasing (font
      smoothing) for fonts between 6 and 12 pts.) Is this true?

      Please let me know.

      We'll check into why the setting is changing.

      Regards,

      Blaine
      SplashData

      On 3/31/04 9:25 PM, "larrys_market" <larrys_market@...> wrote:

      > My mistake- I am running 9.2.2. No font management utilities or
      > anything. What does happen is when I open the desktop app,
      > (and I have the appearance panel open) the section that says
      > "smooth all fonts" is checked and set for 12 changes to 6. When
      > I change it back to 12 all is fine. Very strange.
      >

      > --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, SplashData <info@s...>
      > wrote:
      >> Hi Larrys_Market,
      >>
      >> We haven't observed this behavior.
      >>
      >> My Appearance control panel reports that my Large system font
      > is Charcoal
      >> and Small system font and Views font are both Geneva.
      >>
      >> (This is the case both before and after I launch SplashID.) I
      > also tried
      >> setting the system fonts to other fonts and wasn't able to
      > reproduce the
      >> problem.
      >>
      >> I am using OS 9.2.2, so that may make a difference.
      >>
      >> Are you using any font management utilities?
      >>
      >> Have you tried restarting with the standard OS 9 extension set
      > to see if the
      >> problem persists? Please let me know.
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> Blaine
      >> SplashData
      >>

      >> On 3/31/04 7:52 PM, "larrys_market" <larrys_market@y...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >>> I just upgraded to 3.05 and after installing the desktop it has
      >>> changed my system fonts. I reboot and everything is fine until
      >>> open Splash ID desktop. Then my fonts are changed. Please
      > fix
      >>> this bug.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks
      >>>

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • larrys_market
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        The fonts change to 6 points.

        wrote:
        > Hi Larrys_Market,
        >
        > Ok, I can reproduce the "smooth fonts" setting problem.
        However, I can't see
        > any change on my screen when the setting changes. What
        happens on your
        > screen. (The only thing that should change is the anti-aliasing
        (font
        > smoothing) for fonts between 6 and 12 pts.) Is this true?
        >
        > Please let me know.
        >
        > We'll check into why the setting is changing.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Blaine
        > SplashData
        >

        > On 3/31/04 9:25 PM, "larrys_market" <larrys_market@y...>
        wrote:

        > > My mistake- I am running 9.2.2. No font management utilities
        or
        > > anything. What does happen is when I open the desktop app,
        > > (and I have the appearance panel open) the section that says
        > > "smooth all fonts" is checked and set for 12 changes to 6.
        When
        > > I change it back to 12 all is fine. Very strange.
        > >

        > > --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, SplashData
        <info@s...>
        > > wrote:
        > >> Hi Larrys_Market,
        > >>
        > >> We haven't observed this behavior.
        > >>
        > >> My Appearance control panel reports that my Large system
        font
        > > is Charcoal
        > >> and Small system font and Views font are both Geneva.
        > >>
        > >> (This is the case both before and after I launch SplashID.) I
        > > also tried
        > >> setting the system fonts to other fonts and wasn't able to
        > > reproduce the
        > >> problem.
        > >>
        > >> I am using OS 9.2.2, so that may make a difference.
        > >>
        > >> Are you using any font management utilities?
        > >>
        > >> Have you tried restarting with the standard OS 9 extension
        set
        > > to see if the
        > >> problem persists? Please let me know.
        > >>
        > >> Regards,
        > >>
        > >> Blaine
        > >> SplashData

        Please
        > > fix

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • SplashData
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hmm. Font smoothing shouldn't change the font size. It should just change
          the size for which fonts are smoothed. (The font size didn't change for me.)

          Is it only changing the smoothing setting or is the view font size changing
          as well?

          Please let me know.

          Regards,

          Blaine