Balance Currency Symbol

  • richard_shearman
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm currently using version 3.0 in the UK. Can you please tell me how
      to change the balance currency symbol to £ instead of $?

      I have all my accounts listed in £ but the overall total shows as $
      even though it's showing the correct value of pounds.

      I look forward to your response.

      Many thanks,
      Richard.
    • someonecalledowen@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi Richard,

        You need to go to the List -> Edit Currencies... screen, select the
        pound (or whatever you need) and click the Base button. This will
        make it your base currency - which is the currency that appears in
        the Total.

        Cheers
        Owen
      • SplashData
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
          That may work as well, but we suggested CSV because it sounded as if Gary
          hadn't invested in MS Money or Quicken yet.

          -Justin

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2004
            Hi Richard,

            The currency symbol in the accounts view is always $. We'll consider
            changing this in a future update

            Regards,

            Blaine

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 5, 2004
              Doh, my mistake. I forgot about that feature. Changing the base currency
              fixes it as someone else reported.

              Thanks.

              Blaine