Re: SplashMoney Desktop Mac Beta

  • Martin Brandau
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hi Justin,

      did as you said and additionally performed a hard reset on the Treo. Unfortunately no
      change, still no sync to the Handheld...

      Regards,

      Martin

      --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com, SplashData <moderator@...> wrote:

      > Hi Martin,
      >
      > I will pass this feedback onto the developer, thanks.
      >
      > As for the sync issue, are you sure you don't have more than one SplashMoney
      > conduit installed?
      >
      > To be safe, quit your sync software (Palm Desktop or Missing Sync) and
      > delete the SplashMoney conduit(s) from this folder:
      >
      > /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/
      >
      > Then install build 410:
      >
      > http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashMoneyInstaller.dmg
      >
      > Then try to do the same desktop overwrites handheld sync.
      >
      > -Justin
      > SplashData
      >

      > On 2/29/08 1:25 AM, "Martin Brandau" <martin.brandau@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Here are my findings from testing the SplashMoney desktop application.
      > >
      > > Configuration: Macbook Pro 15", Leopard 10.5.2, MissingSync 6.0.2, SplashMoney
      > > 4.09
      > > Build 410, Treo 680 GSM, German Language
      > >
      > > First impressions are good and the app is very quick and responsive.
      > >
      > > Bugs
      > > ----
      > >
      > > - Conduit set to "Desktop overwrites Handheld", sync (with MissingSync) does
      > > not work.
      > > Everything seems to go ok, there is no error message, but after sync there is
      > > no desktop
      > > data on the handheld. It's still the default data on the handheld. Sync entry
      > > in the log
      > > states "OK".
      > >
      > > Usability/GUI
      > > -------------
      > >
      > > - Placing of "OK" and "Cancel" buttons is different in some dialogs, I would
      > > prefer to have
      > > "Cancel" on the left and "OK" on the right in ALL dialogs.
      > >
      > > - It should be possible to resize the "Accounts" box in the main window to
      > > make it smaller
      > > or larger, otherwise the account names are cut off sometimes.
      > >
      > > - The title of the conduit windows is simply "Window". Something like
      > > "SplashMoney
      > > Settings" would be nice. :-)
      > >
      > > Requests
      > > --------
      > > - It would be nice to have default content when creating new transactions, the
      > > fields
      > > "category", "class" etc. could be auto-populated, maybe based on the last
      > > choices.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Martin

    • SplashData
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2008
        How about with the latest, build 417:

        http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashMoney.417.dmg

        --Justin
        SplashData

        On 3/2/08 7:56 AM, "Martin Brandau" <martin.brandau@...> wrote:

        > Hi Justin,
        >
        > did as you said and additionally performed a hard reset on the Treo.
        > Unfortunately no
        > change, still no sync to the Handheld...
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Martin
        >
        > --- In SplashData@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SplashData%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        > SplashData <moderator@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Hi Martin,
        >> >
        >> > I will pass this feedback onto the developer, thanks.
        >> >
        >> > As for the sync issue, are you sure you don't have more than one
        >> SplashMoney
        >> > conduit installed?
        >> >
        >> > To be safe, quit your sync software (Palm Desktop or Missing Sync) and
        >> > delete the SplashMoney conduit(s) from this folder:
        >> >
        >> > /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/
        >> >
        >> > Then install build 410:
        >> >
        >> > http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashMoneyInstaller.dmg
        >> >
        >> > Then try to do the same desktop overwrites handheld sync.
        >> >
        >> > -Justin
        >> > SplashData

        >>> SplashMoney

        >>> does
        >>> there is
        >>> entry

        >>> would

        >>> transactions, the

      • Martin Brandau
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
          Justin,

          still no sync to the handheld with this version. :-(

        • SplashData
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2008
            Ok, we have a new update that will correct some of the issues reported by
            our users.

            To ensure you get the latest version of the conduit and SplashMoney Desktop,
            please quit your sync software - either Palm Desktop or Missing sync - and
            quit the SplashMoney Desktop.

            Then delete this file:

            Applications/SplashMoney

            And the SplashMoney conduit file(s) from here:

            /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/

            Then install build 419:

            http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashMoney.419.dmg

            Please let me know if this resolves your issues or not.

            Thanks,

            --Justin
            SplashData