Re: [SplashData] SplashNews - no PDA friendly sites?

  • SplashData
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Martin,

      Well, you can add whatever RSS feeds you want to SplashNews. That's what
      it's meant for. As far as the included feeds, we just included ones that
      would be desirable to our local customers. To add feeds:

      http://splashdata.com/splashnews/userguide.htm#add

      -Justin
      SplashData

      On 6/29/07 4:18 PM, "Martin" <lindi58@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > while SplashNews is great for RSS feeds, sites with PDA friendly style
      > are not shown. E. g. Heise (German IT news -
      > www.heise.de/pda/newsticker/ or WinFuture (German Windows Online
      > Magazine - www.winfuture.de/pda/) and there are sure more sites.
      >
      > And yes, I could use Blazer, Plucker, AvantGo or whatever software is
      > fine for this and I have enough free RAM on my device, but why should
      > I? I'd really love to have my channels in one piece of software.
      >
      > So, it's a good feature to add. ;-)
      >
      > Martin

    • Ingo Heinicke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi,

        All news at heise can be read by addressing the urls shown under
        http://www.heise.de/news-extern/news.shtml

        Users should check for the "RSS" icon in the url line of their browser
        and use this link as this is meant for RSS readers.

        Ingo

        skyynet i.heinicke@...
        simple solutions for a complicated world www.skyynet.de