Today's Scripture *August 2, 2010*

  • April Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Today's Scripture *August 2, 2010*

      1 Samuel 1: 18
      “Oh, thank you, sir!” she exclaimed. Then she went back and began to eat again, and she was no longer sad.

      Earlier Hannah had been discouraged to the point of being physically sick and unable to eat. At this point, she returned home well and happy.
      The change in her attitude may be attributed to three factors:
      (1) She honestly prayed to God (1:11);
      (2) She received encouragement from Eli (1: 17);
      (3) She resolved to leave the problem with God (1: 18).
      This is the antidote for discouragement: Tell God how you really feel and leave your problems with Him. Then rely upon the support of good friends and counselors.

      Father, we thank You for who You are! And who we are in You.
      Thank You for desiring to hear from Your children.
      May we always remember that in every trial, trouble, or problem, You are always here to listen to us.
      To provide encouragement and comfort us. Thank You for Your Word to us.
      We worship You! In Your Name, Amen...

      Have a blessed new week in this brand new month!
      Your sister in Christ,
      April

      Today's Scripture on You-Tube

      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Do you have FACEBOOK? Then add Today's Scripture HERE
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or email april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation & Some information & ideas from NLT Life Application Bible ;
      all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©April Hunt 2010