Today's Scripture *May 1 & 2, 2010*

  • April Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Today's Scripture *May 1 & 2, 2010*

      Zephaniah 3: 3-4
      Its leaders are like roaring lions
            Hunting for their victims.
         Its judges are like ravenous wolves at evening time,
            Who by dawn have left no trace of their prey.
      Its prophets are arrogant liars seeking their own gain.
            Its priests defile the Temple by disobeying God’s instructions.

      Leading God's people is a privilege and a responsibility. Through Zephaniah, God rebuked many different leaders in Jerusalem--judges, prophets, and priests--because of their callous disobedience, irresponsibility, and sin. If you are a leader in the church, consider yourself in a privileged position, but be careful. God holds you responsible for the purity of your actions, the quality of your example, and the truth of both your words and how you manage them.

      Lord God, we thank You for the privilege of leading Your people.
      Help us to recognize that we all lead someone! No matter who we are--someone is watching us, someone is observing our actions and our words.
      May we lead with integrity, honor, and humility. Guide us in all ways and like Your servant David, "Search our hearts and purify our minds" that we might serve others that they may see Your face in all we do. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen..

      Be blessed this weekend!
      In His Service,
      April

      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Do you have FACEBOOK? Then add Today's Scripture HERE
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or email april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation & Some information & ideas from NLT Life Application Bible ;
      all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©April Hunt 2010