Today's Scripture *May 1, 2009*

  • April Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      Today's Scripture *May 1, 2009*

      Esther 6: 7-9
      So he replied, “If the king wishes to honor someone, he should bring out one of the king’s own royal robes, as well as a horse that the king himself has ridden—one with a royal emblem on its head. Let the robes and the horse be handed over to one of the king’s most noble officials. And let him see that the man whom the king wishes to honor is dressed in the king’s robes and led through the city square on the king’s horse. Have the official shout as they go, ‘This is what the king does for someone he wishes to honor!’”

      Haman had wealth, but he craved something even his money couldn't buy--respect. He could buy the trappings of success and power, but his lust for popularity had become an obsession. Don't let your desire for approval, applause, and popularity drive you to immoral actions.

      Father God, we want to have more of You in our lives.
      May our desire for You and our desire to become more and more like Christ--drive our daily life.
      May we live lives above reproach. In Jesus' Name, Amen..

      Have a great weekend!
      Your sister in Christ,
      April

      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit
      http://www.justtheword.net/ or email april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation & Some information & ideas from NLT Life Application Bible ;
      all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©April Hunt 2009