620Today's Scripture *October 25, 2010*

  • April Hunt
    Oct 25, 2010
      Today's Scripture *October 25, 2010*

      Romans 9: 31-33
      But the people of Israel, who tried so hard to get right with God by keeping the law, never succeeded. Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in him. They stumbled over the great rock in their path. God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said,
       “I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble,
            a rock that makes them fall.
         But anyone who trusts in him
            Will never be disgraced.”

      Sometimes we are like these people, trying to get right with God by keeping His Laws. We may think that attending church, doing church work, giving offerings, and being nice will be enough. After all, we've played by the rules haven't we?
      But Paula's words sting--this approach never succeeds. Paul explains that God's plan is not for those who try to earn His favor by being good; it is for those who realize that they can never be good enough and so must depend on Christ!
      There is nothing that you can do in service to God that will earn you more of His love. There is nothing that you have done that will make Him love you less. God loves you completely, just as you are--but will not leave you there. God loves you so much that He has given you His Word and His Son, Jesus Christ, so that you may be saved!
      We must remember, we can be saved only by putting our faith in what Jesus Christ has done. If we do that, we will never be disappointed.

      Heavenly Father, we worship You. Thank You for Your Living Word to us.
      May we live our lives through faith based on Christ Jesus and all that He has done for us.
      May our works be because of our great love for You, O Merciful God. In Jesus' Name, Amen..

      God Bless you as you walk in His favor.
      April

      Today's Scripture on You-Tube

      Today's Scripture on Facebook

      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Do you have FACEBOOK? Then add Today's Scripture HERE
      You can now find Today's Scripture daily on You-Tube
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or email april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation & Some information & ideas from NLT Life Application Bible ;
      all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©April Hunt 2010

      Love to have you visit!!