613Today's "Marriage" Scripture by Jason Hunt *October 16-17, 2010

  • April Hunt
    Oct 16, 2010
      Today's "Marriage" Scripture by Jason Hunt *October 16-17, 2010

      John 14:30-31
       “I don't have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me,  but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.

      Jesus knew that His time on earth was limited, He had such peace. His sinless walk gave Him power over death. He was fearless.
      Jesus' statement here inspires us to be obedient.
      As He promises the Holy Spirit to the disciples He tells them three times; "if you love me you will obey me."
      Jesus was always obedient to the Father and wanted the world to know that is how He showed His love to the Father.
      It is from an obedient spirit that we choose Jesus over our own flesh and operate within the Holy Spirit.
       We submit that authority to the enemy when we are disobedient. Sin gives the enemy an open door to our minds, marriages, families and homes. Satan has no authority where we don't give it to him. Because of Jesus' obedience: to come from His throne, suffer for us and defeat death; we too can proclaim 'he has no power over me'.

       Lord, thank You for Your saving grace. May Your Spirit abide in us as we abide in You, in Your strength and Name let us claim 'he has no power over me'.
      In Jesus' Name.
      Amen.

      Jason Hunt

      Today's Scripture available on You-Tube
      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Do you have FACEBOOK? Then add Today's Scripture HERE
      You can now find Today's Scripture daily on You-Tube
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or e-mail april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation  Bible ;
      All other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©Jason Hunt 2010

      Love to have you visit!!