612Today's Scripture *October 15, 2010*

  • April Hunt
    Oct 15, 2010
      Today's Scripture *October 15, 2010*

      Ecclesiastes 7: 10
      Don't long for “the good old days.”
            This is not wise.

      As we age, we often think back to the days of our youth.
      We long for the days of freedom, no real responsibility, no financial commitments. Oh yes--those good old days.
      But when we find ourselves wishing and longing for yesterday--we are not focused on the dawning of a new day.
      Jesus tells us that we should live in the "now". Not longing for yesterdays or future lofty goals
      Matthew 6: 34 “So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
      We should instead be grateful for today and ask God to fix our eyes straight ahead. For that is true wisdom.

      Thank You God for today!
      Thank You for the wisdom we can find in Your Word.
      May we keep our eyes fixed on You. May we spend our time and energy focused on Your Word.
      On Your desires, Your character, and on Your ways. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

      Have a blessed weekend!
      April

      Today's Scripture on You-Tube

      Please do not remove when forwarding
      Thank you & God Bless

      To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
      TodaysScripture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
      Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
      Do you have FACEBOOK? Then add Today's Scripture HERE
      You can now find Today's Scripture daily on You-Tube
      Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or email april@...
        Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation & Some information & ideas from NLT Life Application Bible ;
      all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©April Hunt 2010

      Love to have you visit!!