Re: [SpiderIndia] unknown spider

  • Shantanu Shukla
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1 4:04 AM
      Dear Mandar,
      i do not think it is a salticid spider, so it is unlikely that it is Harmochirus spp.  though their anterior legs appear same, this spider differs in the eye pattern.

      shantanu

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1 8:25 AM
        To me it looks like some sort of Thomisid? Beautiful nonetheless!

        Regards
        Søren

        On 10/1/07, Shantanu Shukla <shantanu04@...> wrote:

        > Dear Mandar,
        > i do not think it is a salticid spider, so it is unlikely that it is
        > Harmochirus spp. though their anterior legs appear same, this spider
        > differs in the eye pattern.
        >
        > shantanu

      • vena kapoor
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6 3:36 AM
          Dear Shantanu,
          You pictured a lovely specimen, next time it will be useful to get a basic sketch of the eye arrangement, and put a note about the general size of the spider- this will help to at least to pin point it to a family or genus.
          This is a guess - your spider could belong to the family Palpimanidae.
          Best regards,
          Vena