unidentified "tarantula"

  • kalesh s
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Dear friends,

       I have attached the picture of an unidentified large spider Poecilotheria sps?
       2.5 cm long from the fangs to the tip of andomen.
       Fangs were 0.5cm.
       Habitat is in leaf litter.
       Activite at night.very slow but majestic in its course.
       Was stung by an orange  and black large wasp a couple of days before.died later.
       Experts help in identification.

      Kalesh

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • sudhi kumar av
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005

        Hai,
        This is not Poecilotheria, may be Chilobrachys sp. Wasp may lay eggs in the body of this spider and flesh used as food for emerging new ones.

        Sudhi