Photo of the year 2010

  • c susanth
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 7:00 AM
    Dear friends
    Here am attached the picture of a fishing spider with its prey taken from Shendurney Wildlife sanctuary last November.A rare Prey and Predator combination.This is the first time  I observed a spider caught a fish..An amazing and memorable moment.Some of my friends identified it as Thalassius albocinctus, called commonly as Fishing Spider, occurring from India to the Philippines.I select this is  my photo of the year 2010.
    Please look it and  make comments
    with warm regards
    susanth

  • usha lachungpa
    Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3 4:37 AM
      Amazing! Congrats, what a catch!
      What species is the fish?
      The plant is Pistia stratoites?
      Regards,
      Usha

      [Attachment(s) from c susanth included below]

      --
      Usha Ganguli-Lachungpa
      Sr. Research Officer (WL)