The Giant Spider and the Lime butterfly

  • raghu ananth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
    The Lime yellow butterfly is generally seen flying low and fast (restless ?). The wanderer appears to be a strong flier, but here we saw it entangled in the Giant Spiders strong and intricate trap. What's Interesting is that the male and the female spiders are seen feasting its victim together.
    This Giant Spider neither appears to be a Black wood Spider - Nephila kuhlii nor Giant wood spider - Nephila pilipes. (Legs of this spider has alternate black and white stripes alternatively.

    Bangalore

    Regards
    Raghu

    Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!
  • raghu ananth
    Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
      Thanks for the ID help.
      My earlier sightings of the Signature Web species were restricted to  small versions.
      This one is huge.

      Regards
      Raghu

        --