Re: ID of sp.

  • Partha Saha
    Message 1 of 12 , May 4, 2008
      Hi Janaki,

      On the way to SAR PASS trek at HP, at about 12000 ft., I found this sp. under a rock. Do u help me to idetify this one? I think this a kind of Wolf Spider.

      Regards,

      Partha

    • Partha Saha
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 16, 2008
        Hi All,

        During my trekking programme at Mizoram, I shoot this sp. I think this is Nephila, but don't sure about the sp. The body & legs were shorter than Nephila pilipes.Would u please help me?

        Regards,

        Partha

      • Friedrich
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 17, 2008
          Hi Partha,

          It's Nephila clavata in my opinion.
          Friedrich from The Netherlands
          During my trekking programme at Mizoram, I shoot this sp. I think this is Nephila, but don't sure about the sp. The body & legs were shorter than Nephila pilipes.Would u please help me?

          Regards,

          Partha

        • Mandar Kulkarni
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 17, 2008
            Hi Partha!
            Nice pic of this Nephila. Do you have some dorsal side pics of this spider?

            Regards!
            Mandar Kulkarni

            During my trekking programme at Mizoram, I shoot this sp. I think this is Nephila, but don't sure about the sp. The body & legs were shorter than Nephila pilipes.Would u please help me?

            Regards,

            Partha

          • dinesh rao
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 17, 2008
              I think it is Nephila clavata. Wikipedia says found in japan mostly, but according to Platnick´s catalogue, has been recorded India.

              cheers
              Dinesh

              http://pointsofdeparture.wordpress.com

              --
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              dinesh rao,
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 18, 2008
                Thanks Friedrich, I think u are correct.
                Regards,
                Partha

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 18, 2008
                  Hi Mandar,
                  Sorry, unfortunately I didn't get any dorsal view.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 30, 2009
                    Hi Kiran,

                    Is it Thomisus lobosus? Please confirm.

                    Regards,

                    Partha.

                  • kiran srivastava
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 30, 2009
                      Partha,

                      I am not quite sure as need to see the upper side more clearly.
                      Cheers,
                      Kiran Srivastava
                      Mumbai