Shani Davis says Colbert is a jerk

  • krasotaspasetmir
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
      1. The Dutch government sets up an elaborate
      and very secret plan, successfully carried out
      (up to a point): it lures various top American
      skaters to becoming sponsored by the DSB (not
      danske statsbaner, but the Dutch National Bank).
      The US skaters are happy, but behind the scenes
      various conspiracies are interweaving themselves
      into action, causing a world-wide financial
      meldown, in its turn leading to the loss of
      a million jobs and the country of Iceland to
      sink in the ocean -- along with the DSB. So,
      the plan worked beautifully: the top US skaters
      were suddenly on dry land, with no money, clearing
      the path, obviously, for Durch World Domination
      in 2010. Good plan, Queen Beatrix.

      2. However, Mr Stephen Colbert of "Colbert
      Nation" makes his presence felt, rises from
      his chair and boldly and heroically saves
      US speedskating, taking upon himself and
      his nation the burden of finding sufficient
      subsidence money. The American top skaters
      again have enough money for skinsuits and
      a pyjamas. Hurrah.

      3. For reasons not fully commprehendible
      for outsiders, however, something backfires,
      and the world's best skater (top Adelskalender
      and World Champion Sprint and World Champion
      Allround and Triple Current World Record Holder
      and Double Olympic Medallist) proclaims that
      Mr Colbert is a [expletive deleted]:
      http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4713621

      Other viewpoints? More information, anyone?

      NLH
    • Dirk Broer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
        Argh!

        1. DSB is *NOT* the Dutch National Bank, that's the DNB (De Nederlandse
        Bank)
        Beatrix has nothing to do with it, go see Dirk Scheringa

        2. Nice move, but do you want to be sponsored by a (bad) comedian?

        3. see 2, I agree with Shani, who also shares my view on Trivial Pursuit

        Dirk
        > 1. The Dutch government sets up an elaborate
        > and very secret plan, successfully carried out
        > (up to a point): it lures various top American
        > skaters to becoming sponsored by the DSB (not
        > danske statsbaner, but the Dutch National Bank).
        > The US skaters are happy, but behind the scenes
        > various conspiracies are interweaving themselves
        > into action, causing a world-wide financial
        > meldown, in its turn leading to the loss of
        > a million jobs and the country of Iceland to
        > sink in the ocean -- along with the DSB. So,
        > the plan worked beautifully: the top US skaters
        > were suddenly on dry land, with no money, clearing
        > the path, obviously, for Durch World Domination
        > in 2010. Good plan, Queen Beatrix.
        >
        > 2. However, Mr Stephen Colbert of "Colbert
        > Nation" makes his presence felt, rises from
        > his chair and boldly and heroically saves
        > US speedskating, taking upon himself and
        > his nation the burden of finding sufficient
        > subsidence money. The American top skaters
        > again have enough money for skinsuits and
        > a pyjamas. Hurrah.
        >
        > 3. For reasons not fully commprehendible
        > for outsiders, however, something backfires,
        > and the world's best skater (top Adelskalender
        > and World Champion Sprint and World Champion
        > Allround and Triple Current World Record Holder
        > and Double Olympic Medallist) proclaims that
        > Mr Colbert is a [expletive deleted]:
        > http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4713621
        >
        > Other viewpoints? More information, anyone?
        >
        > NLH

      • Marian Furst
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
          Dirk,

          At the close of the US Olympic Trials, Shani
          Davis and Steve Colbert "raced" each
          other. Colbert won, as I saw it, because Shani
          didn't change lanes. Both appeared to be having a good time.

          Marian Furst
          from smoggy Salt Lake City

          At 04:44 PM 1/15/2010, you wrote:

          >Argh!
          >
          >1. DSB is *NOT* the Dutch National Bank, that's the DNB (De Nederlandse
          >Bank)
          >Beatrix has nothing to do with it, go see Dirk Scheringa
          >
          >2. Nice move, but do you want to be sponsored by a (bad) comedian?
          >
          >3. see 2, I agree with Shani, who also shares my view on Trivial Pursuit
          >
          >Dirk

        • Dirk Broer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010
            Was that before or after the j**k word?
            I am surprised Mr. Colbert can skate at all!

            > At the close of the US Olympic Trials, Shani
            > Davis and Steve Colbert "raced" each
            > other. Colbert won, as I saw it, because Shani
            > didn't change lanes. Both appeared to be having a good time.
            >
            > Marian Furst
            > from smoggy Salt Lake City
            >

            > At 04:44 PM 1/15/2010, you wrote:
            >>

            >>Argh!
            >>
            >>1. DSB is *NOT* the Dutch National Bank, that's the DNB (De Nederlandse
            >>Bank)
            >>Beatrix has nothing to do with it, go see Dirk Scheringa
            >>
            >>2. Nice move, but do you want to be sponsored by a (bad) comedian?
            >>
            >>3. see 2, I agree with Shani, who also shares my view on Trivial Pursuit
            >>
            >>Dirk

          • Marian Furst
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010
              Mr. Colbert couldn't really skate. He got a quick lesson.

              Marian