Heerenveen - Results 1500 m men

  • Jeroen Heijmans
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hedrick wins the final race of the World Cup season, and takes home
      the 1500 m World Cup as well. His time is only narrowly slower than
      Kuipers' track record (Kuipers himself being ill). The race between
      Davis and Fabris was exciting, with Fabris picking up a second in the
      final lap, but being just too far behind to catch Davis.

      Lalenkov had to yield to Larsen on the final crossing.

      1 9 I Chad Hedrick USA 1.45,48
      2 8 O Shani Davis USA 1.46,11
      3 8 I Enrico Fabris ITA 1.46,35
      4 9 O Denny Morrison CAN 1.46,45
      5 7 I Beorn Nijenhuis NED 1.46,65
      6 3 O Mikhael Flygind Larsen NOR 1.46,91
      7 6 I Jan Bos NED 1.47,02
      8 4 O Steven Elm CAN 1.47,60
      9 7 O Petter Andersen NOR 1.47,66
      10 5 O Derek Parra USA 1.48,17
      11 2 I Håvard Bøkko NOR 1.48,22
      12 1 O Konrad Niedzwiedzki POL 1.48,33
      13 5 I Even Wetten NOR 1.48,33
      14 1 I Jay Morrison CAN 1.49,30
      15 2 O Takaharu Nakajima JPN 1.49,81
      16 4 I Ippolito Sanfratello ITA 1.49,87
      17 3 I Yevgeni Lalenkov RUS 1.50,19
      18 6 O Aleksandr Kibalko RUS 1.50,41
    • Nils Lid Hjort
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
        Hedrick used a different race strategy this time,
        and I suppose he was conscious about it --
        much more controlled 2nd lap than in Torino,
        then a strong 3rd, then hang on to it.
        Didn't Olympic Gold winner Jan Egil Storholt
        once upon a time write a "course report"
        to the Norwegian Technological University
        about the 1500-m race, advocating exactly
        this strategy?

        NLH
        ... who thinks nothing can beat skiing 50 km
        at one's own comfort speed [rather slow,
        in my case] as a mental & physical
        katharsis-workout. We're snowing under in Oslo,
        and [most of us] loving it.

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
          Master class MV 60 (is this "60 or above"?),
          old world record: Leif Harry Hansen 43.31;
          new world record: Alf Gjøgla 42.94.

          This was set last Sunday at Leangen stadion.
          Alf Gjøgla represents "Bjugn / Ørland SK"
          and is, I understand, among the front
          figures who secured Bjugn the prestigious
          World Master Championships 2009 (ahead
          of main competitor) Moskva.

          NLH
        • Lars Finsen
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
            Den 5. mar. 2006 kl. 21.42 skrev Nils Lid Hjort:

            > Master class MV 60 (is this "60 or above"?),
            > old world record: Leif Harry Hansen 43.31;
            > new world record: Alf Gjøgla 42.94.
            >
            > This was set last Sunday at Leangen stadion.
            > Alf Gjøgla represents "Bjugn / Ørland SK"
            > and is, I understand, among the front
            > figures who secured Bjugn the prestigious
            > World Master Championships 2009 (ahead
            > of main competitor) Moskva.

            His name is Gjølga actually. But Gjøgla of course is funnier.

            LEF