Re: Making captures at different times intervals in a single session.

  • wolfento
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
      Hi Andy,

      Thanks for giving me some insight on how to program these conditional actions. But the only thing I needed was how to make a capture every minute, and with your info I've programmed it like this:

      IF initialising
      IF 1 THEN h1=str("ss",now)
      IF (val(h1,"##")==00) THEN capture("Z:\image1.jpg")

      Since I open 4 sessions of SL, a 1min capture for high detail, a 5min for a detailed overview, a 1H and a 24 overview, I now only have to run the script which now also captures every minute, and the only thing I have to change in the script for every session is the name of the image. And that will keep the site uptodate by the minute. The result of the site can be seen in a couple of days and will be anounced in meteorobs and radiometeoren.

      Thanks and regards,

      Patrick, Belgium.

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Smith" <g7izu@...> wrote:

      > Ah, I spotted a couple of small problems in my scriptlets. Please ignore the
      > references to variable "a1" and "a1=a1+1" in the Periodic Actions, and amend
      > variable "a" to "A", and variable "b" to "B". Other than those, it should
      > all be ok. J
      >

      > Andy, G7IZU.
      >

      > --
      >
      > Andy Smith, G7IZU
      >
      > <http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio> G7IZU RRD Page|
      > <http://tvcomm.blogspot.com/> G7IZU RRD Blog |
      > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofireballs/> Fireball Archive on Flickr |
      > <http://twitter.com/g7izu> Headlines on Twitter |
      > <http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/video.html> Live Audio

    • wolfento
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
        Oh yes, I've forgotten to mention that I still use the script together with the periodic action to make captures for storage ofcourse :)

        Patrick, Belgium.

        --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "wolfento" <patrick@...> wrote:

        > Hi Andy,
        >
        > Thanks for giving me some insight on how to program these conditional actions. But the only thing I needed was how to make a capture every minute, and with your info I've programmed it like this:
        >
        > IF initialising
        > IF 1 THEN h1=str("ss",now)
        > IF (val(h1,"##")==00) THEN capture("Z:\image1.jpg")
        >
        > Since I open 4 sessions of SL, a 1min capture for high detail, a 5min for a detailed overview, a 1H and a 24 overview, I now only have to run the script which now also captures every minute, and the only thing I have to change in the script for every session is the name of the image. And that will keep the site uptodate by the minute. The result of the site can be seen in a couple of days and will be anounced in meteorobs and radiometeoren.
        >
        > Thanks and regards,
        >
        > Patrick, Belgium.
        >
        > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Smith" <g7izu@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ah, I spotted a couple of small problems in my scriptlets. Please ignore the
        > > references to variable "a1" and "a1=a1+1" in the Periodic Actions, and amend
        > > variable "a" to "A", and variable "b" to "B". Other than those, it should
        > > all be ok. J
        > >

        > > Andy, G7IZU.
        > >

        > > --
        > >
        > > Andy Smith, G7IZU
        > >
        > > <http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio> G7IZU RRD Page|
        > > <http://tvcomm.blogspot.com/> G7IZU RRD Blog |
        > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofireballs/> Fireball Archive on Flickr |
        > > <http://twitter.com/g7izu> Headlines on Twitter |
        > > <http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/video.html> Live Audio

      • Andy Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2010

          No problem, Patrick. Hopefully it will also be of help to others.

          > IF initialising

          > IF 1 THEN h1=str("ss",now)
          > IF (val(h1,"##")==00) THEN capture("Z:\image1.jpg")

          One problem with this capture script is that as the conditional actions are scanned 4 or 5 times per second, in this case the system will proceed to repeat the capture for as long as the argument is true, wasting processor time. You will need to “trap” the argument using an additional variable (such as “a” or “b” in my earlier email) to ensure that it only runs once.

          Regards,

          Andy.