FFT internal average

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
      I am trying to set this parameter to different numbers (like 4, 32, 100), and don't see any difference on the display.
      Are there any conditions it needs to work, like the Optimum Waterfall Average? It looks to me like that one doesn't work either.

      73, Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2012
        Hi Mike,

        I need to check this when time permits. The averaging used to work with the simple amplitude spectrum, but not with the complex spectrum which is now the preferred internal representation for various reasons.

        More later,
          73, Wolf  DL4YHF .

        Am 04.07.2012 20:33, schrieb vbifyz:

        I am trying to set this parameter to different numbers (like 4, 32, 100), and don't see any difference on the display.
        Are there any conditions it needs to work, like the Optimum Waterfall Average? It looks to me like that one doesn't work either.

        73, Mike

      • Graham Mcleod
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2012
          Mike,
          Have you tried pressing "Apply"?.
          None of the parameter changes take effect, until then.
          Graham.
        • vbifyz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2012
            Yes, I clicked on "Apply".
            I even made sure the setting is updated in the INI file.
            Mike