Newbie questions

  • screech_james
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hi,

      Having discovered the setup at http://www.ukaranet.org.uk/ I've just started experimenting with using Spectrum Lab as a VLF / SID detector.

      I've connected a simple long wire antenna to my netbook's mic input and using the supplied SID configurations file I've detected three VLF transmitters (19.6kHz, 20.9kHz & 21.75kHz), so far so good!

      Does anyone know any web sites were I can find out more information on using Spectrum Lab in such a configuration?

      Is it possible to get Spectrum Lab to log the data from the received three frequencies so that I can keep a record and view data from more than a few minutes ago?

      Is it possible to change the supplied SID configuration files so that just the three frequencies I'm receiving are shown on the line graph?

      I'm sorry if these are very basic questions, I'm so pleased that I can detect VLF signals with such a simple system. I just want to try and detect a solar flare's effect now.

      James
      www.solar-screech.co.cc