DC /10Hz frequency response

  • Chris Plumlee
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2012
      Most DAQ sources I've seen here are soundcard or similar, with attenuated
      response at near-DC frequencies. Is there a SpectrumLab-compatible source
      with a level response down to DC?

      Thanks,

      Chris Plumlee

      chris@...
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2012
        Hello Chris,

        you wrote:

        Most DAQ sources I've seen here are soundcard or similar, with attenuated
        response at near-DC frequencies. Is there a SpectrumLab-compatible source
        with a level response down to DC?

        Yes.. for example this one: An external A/D converter (implemented in a PIC microcontroller) connected to the serial port:

        http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/snd_utl1.html

        Other alternative: Use a CMOS IC with a voltage controlled oscillator to convert the (near-)DC signal into a frequency modulated audio tone. Then use SL's frequency demodulator to convert the signal before the spectrum display.

        Greetings,
          Wolf .

        Thanks,

        Chris Plumlee