Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Any point in getting started.

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2012
      You could try the GRAVES radar transmisions on 143.050MHz. With just a
      vertical colinear I've captured some good pings and bursts. See
      http://www.g4fui.net/meteors.html for more details and details of setting
      Spectrum Labs up to post to the internet. There's even a group of people
      posting results from various locations at
      http://www.merriott-astro.co.uk/spam3D.htm

      One odf the best was this one.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/62825935@N00/6952455058/in/photostream

      There is another station, in Belgium, that is transmitting on 49MHz but I
      seem to have lost the URL - I'll dig it out again later.

      Dave (G0DJA)

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2012
        hi dave and thanks for the reply.
        if you are 620 miles from graves you must be weel up the northern part of the uk. i am frobably 6 to 650 miles away here in galloway, so i think i will go ahead and have a go.
        i was going to get an icom pcr 1000, which works as a reciever on the pc, but i see you are using a real reciever with some grabbing software, very interesting and thanks for that, and the links.
        time to find some equipment i think.
        cheers steve

        --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave@...> wrote:

        > You could try the GRAVES radar transmisions on 143.050MHz. With just a
        > vertical colinear I've captured some good pings and bursts. See
        > http://www.g4fui.net/meteors.html for more details and details of setting
        > Spectrum Labs up to post to the internet. There's even a group of people
        > posting results from various locations at
        > http://www.merriott-astro.co.uk/spam3D.htm
        >
        > One odf the best was this one.
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/62825935@N00/6952455058/in/photostream
        >
        > There is another station, in Belgium, that is transmitting on 49MHz but I
        > seem to have lost the URL - I'll dig it out again later.
        >
        > Dave (G0DJA)

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24, 2012
          I'm about 500 miles away as I'm in the East Midlands, but G4FUI is in
          Cumbria, so is closer to you than I am.

          The links showing the grabbed images are not mine, the Flickr link was a
          screen shot that I took of a very large burst the other day.

          My set up is a Kenwood TS2000X with an X-200 vertical that covers 2m and
          70cm. I think G4FUI is using a different radio, but is also using a
          vertically polarised colinear.

          Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)