Reference Spectrum problems

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2010
      Hi all,

      I've been trying to save off a reference curve but the array in the file doesn't contain the data..

      eg....

      ; Saved by Spectrum Lab
      ; Original filename: "C:\Spectrum\configurations\1296-linear4.REF"
      time=0.000000
      type=float_array
      bin_width_hz=1.000000
      offset_hz=0.000000
      nr_of_bins=131072
      comps_per_bin=1
      scale_unit=0
      scale_factor=0.000000
      scale_offset=0.000000
      avrg_count=0
      array=
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      -99999.000000
      .
      . lost of the above
      .
      end

      This happens with both the latest version and version 2.74 b10 that I also have.

      This happens with factory default settings and with my own FFT settings.

      Am I doing something wrong ?

      I think this may be my fault since I'm new to this.

      any help appreciated.

      regards

      Tim
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
        Hello Tim,

        Thanks for the info - I don't think you're doing something wrong.
        I will try to investigate this asap.
        Is the reference spectrum *visible* in your configuration, and "valid" (i.e. has been set by copying it from the current spectrum) ?
        I'm asking this because -99999 (dB) is  the numeric value (arbitrarily chosen) for "data not available".

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010

          > Hello Tim,
          >
          > Thanks for the info - I don't think you're doing something wrong.
          > I will try to investigate this asap.
          > Is the reference spectrum *visible* in your configuration, and "valid"
          > (i.e. has been set by copying it from the current spectrum) ?

          My Fault!!

          I did what I thought I had been doing all along and now its working !

          I obviously was doing something silly.

          Anyway....

          Is there a way to get multiple spectrums overlaid ?

          I'm running phase noise tests between various oscillators and I'd like to overlay each test result with the next to a maximum of 4.

          Is this possible ?

          thanks

          Tim
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
            Hi Tim,

            you asked:

            Is there a way to get multiple spectrums overlaid ?

            I'm running phase noise tests between various oscillators and I'd like to overlay each test result with the next to a maximum of 4.

            Is this possible ?

            Not yet - there is only one reference, one "peak" spectrum, one "average" spectrum, and the current (most recent) spectrum displayable in one diagram.
            I may extend this in future, possibly with more than one reference graph (using different colours or so).