Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] FTP to a web page

  • Magnus
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2012
      Hi!

      The 'keepuptodate' or 'synchronize' command could probably be what you
      are looking for:

      http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_keepuptodate
      http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_synchronize

      Put your script commands in e.g. 'script.txt' and execute this file
      using the following command (which could be put in a .bat file)

      "C:\Program files\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" /script="C:\script.txt"

      You would probably like to change the path for 'script.txt' above. I
      have a script.txt file which looks like this:

      ---8<---

      option batch on
      option confirm off
      option transfer binary
      option reconnecttime 5
      option echo off
      open backup_FTPS
      synchronize remote -delete -criteria=time "C:\EME" /
      exit

      ---8<---

      'backup_FTPS' is the name of a profile I have configured, using the
      WinSCP GUI. It should be possible to connect using only script commands,
      but I felt it was easier to use the GUI for a one time configuration of
      host, login, passwords etc..

      Btw, I have encountered some problems using time synchronization because
      of the way Windows (XP in my case) handles daylight-saving time as
      compared to *nix systems. The only way I found which seems to solve the
      problem, was to shut off automatic daylight-saving time in the Windows
      clock configuration (down to the right on your screen). This seems to be
      a well known problem it turns out, after having googled it.

      Hope this helps!

      ///Magnus, SM6XMA