Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] FTP to a web page

  • Vernon Matheson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14 4:57 AM
      Thank you Magnus...will check it out.

      On 02/14/12, Magnus <sm6xma@...> wrote:
      On 2012-02-13 19:20, Vernon wrote:
      > I am wondering if anyone can help me with the scripts to FTP captures to
      > my grabber page....
      >
      > If so send me a private email and I will send you the particulars.
      >
      > vmath@... <mailto:vmath%40eastlink.ca>
      >
      > Many thanks...
      >
      > Vernon

      WinSCP has a (scriptable) feature for this.

      ///Magnus, SM6XMA

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          SpectrumLabUsers-digest@yahoogroups.com
          SpectrumLabUsers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Magnus
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 14 2:44 PM
        Hi!

        The 'keepuptodate' or 'synchronize' command could probably be what you
        are looking for:

        http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_keepuptodate
        http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_synchronize

        Put your script commands in e.g. 'script.txt' and execute this file
        using the following command (which could be put in a .bat file)

        "C:\Program files\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" /script="C:\script.txt"

        You would probably like to change the path for 'script.txt' above. I
        have a script.txt file which looks like this:

        ---8<---

        option batch on
        option confirm off
        option transfer binary
        option reconnecttime 5
        option echo off
        open backup_FTPS
        synchronize remote -delete -criteria=time "C:\EME" /
        exit

        ---8<---

        'backup_FTPS' is the name of a profile I have configured, using the
        WinSCP GUI. It should be possible to connect using only script commands,
        but I felt it was easier to use the GUI for a one time configuration of
        host, login, passwords etc..

        Btw, I have encountered some problems using time synchronization because
        of the way Windows (XP in my case) handles daylight-saving time as
        compared to *nix systems. The only way I found which seems to solve the
        problem, was to shut off automatic daylight-saving time in the Windows
        clock configuration (down to the right on your screen). This seems to be
        a well known problem it turns out, after having googled it.

        Hope this helps!

        ///Magnus, SM6XMA