help in SpectrumLab

  • efrat430
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hi,

      I have to do a final project and I have to compute frequency and amplitude of a sample from a wav file.

      Can someone help me to do it in SpectrumLab?if you have another software that compute it please inform me.

      In addition,can SpectrumLab be executed by a command line and not interactively?

      Thanks,
      efrat.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
        Hi Efrat,

        SL can be launched with an optional command line argument, but it's really only intended to run in interactive mode (and for real-time processing). Details are here:

        http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/startins.htm#progstart

        For a true batch-processing of multiple audio files, you'd be better off with a standalone program to read wave files (it's trivial), run the samples through an FFT (also trivial), and write the result in whatever form you need into a text file (complexity depends on what you actually want to do with those data).