Re: Feature request: Softrock/Si570 control

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2010
      Another way of controlling Si570 in SoftRock is through a special version of PowerSDR by SV1EIA. It allows CAT control, but unfortunately can only pretend to be a Kenwood radio. While Spectrum Lab can only talk to Icom.
      Are there plans to implement Kenwood support?

      Yet another possibility for me is to somehow control Spectrum Lab from Windows automation tools. I am playing with AutoIt right now and can easily script a Si570 frequency scan by controlling CFGSR (Si570 config/debug tool by PE0FKO). AutoIt can also press buttons in Spectrum Lab. How do I use conditional actions to trigger fft.export when a button is pressed?

      73, Mike

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2010
        Hello Mike,

        you wrote:

        Another way of controlling Si570 in SoftRock is through a special version of PowerSDR by SV1EIA. It allows CAT control, but unfortunately can only pretend to be a Kenwood radio. While Spectrum Lab can only talk to Icom.
        Are there plans to implement Kenwood support?

        Not really. I have a Kenwood TS850 but needed to control it remotely. But maybe you can already talk to any radio via the serial port, using this generic 'string-sending function' :

        http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/interpr.htm#remote_control_cmds

        Together with the string-handling functions in Spectrum Lab, it may be possible to send the VFO frequency to Kenwood and other radios, but I never tried this myself.

        Yet another possibility for me is to somehow control Spectrum Lab from Windows automation tools. I am playing with AutoIt right now and can easily script a Si570 frequency scan by controlling CFGSR (Si570 config/debug tool by PE0FKO). AutoIt can also press buttons in Spectrum Lab. How do I use conditional actions to trigger fft.export when a button is pressed?

        Just put the command inside the button's 'On Click' handler (right-click the button to open an editor for that). Or, use a global variable which you set to a certain value, and poll that variable in the conditional actions - not very elegant, but it works.

        CU,  Wolf .

        73, Mike

        > Hi Mike,
        >
        > Thanks - I will take a look at that DLL when time permits, and see if I
        > can call it from a Borland C++Builder application. I would have to load
        > it dynamically (which is complicated), otherwise SpecLab would be
        > impossible to operate without that DLL, which is something that I don't
        > like to have.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Wolf .

      • vbifyz
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2010
          Thanks Wolf!
          The programmable button works great. Now I can capture all the data I need. Next step is postprocessing and generating a nice plot.
          73, Mike