New member using SL for HUM testing- CT USA

  • Steve K
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2011
      I am a new user of the SL software. Finding it extremely collaborative of other data testing done to ID the source of HUM in Western CT i.e. sound meter, FFT, 1/3 octave. Data and research is very convincing. Even the repeatability using a gigaware HD video/mic with the computers is consistent

      I believe I have exposed the illusive source or catalyst of many of the HUMs around the globe- pushing the limit of buried HP natural gas systems crossing the country.

      In house, I've tried to do a scheduled capture, but can't locate the file after the period. Any guidance would be appreciated.

      Also, any suggestions for a better mic that won't clip at what seems on SL at 10hz

      Thanks

      Steve K
      Brookfield CT USA
    • Jan Sjöholm
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2011
        Re: <10Hz mic...
        Hi Steve,
        I am new here too..
        A mic that don’t cut at 10Hz? I think you are into some trouble there… But a solution could be a accelerometer e.g. ADXL335 that runs from DC to approx. 1600Hz. It is a surface mounted low cost chip and it can be bought on a break out board for ease of use. But how to get the signal into the computer? I guess the audio card has some capacitor in series with the input and that means a high pass filter... I want to use SL to low frequency vibration analysis (not started on this software platform yet). If anyone could give a hint of a low budget high quality AD interface that can be used with SL I am all ears :-)
        /Jan