Hi everyone

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
      Just thought i would say hi to everyone and say it is nice to join the group. I have just started in radio astronomy on a very basic level, so i am now looking to learn how to use spectrum lab. I spent most of my working life as a tv engineer so i have a basic knowledge waveforms etc. Looking forward to hearing about the best way to start.

      Regards
      Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
        Hi Ray,

        welcome to the group then !
        About how to get started... well it depends, are you looking for weak narrow band signals (VLF / SID monitoring), or for weak broadband signals (VHF, UHF and above )  ? For both cases, there are a few predefined configurations (under "Quick Settings") which can be used as a good starting point.

        All the best,
           Wolfgang "Wolf" DL4YHF  .