Spectrum Lab on Windows 7

  • Joseph Frippiat
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hello,

      when I run Spectrum Lab on Windows 7, I get this error message :-

      SpecLab error #7880
      device ID out of range in SoundInOpen

      I tried to run it as administrator : same result.
      My soundcard is a 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.

      I tried with V2.76 b8 and V2.76 b15.

      Thanks for any help,

      Joseph
    • Paul Goelz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
        At 09:20 AM 3/1/2011, you wrote:
        >when I run Spectrum Lab on Windows 7, I get this error message :-
        >
        >SpecLab error #7880
        >device ID out of range in SoundInOpen
        >
        >I tried to run it as administrator : same result.
        >My soundcard is a 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.
        >
        >I tried with V2.76 b8 and V2.76 b15.

        That sounds like the error I get when I try to open Speclab via
        remote desktop in Vista or Win7 and have the remote desktop server
        set to include sound. I have assumed it is because two programs are
        trying to access the same device.

        Do you have another program using the sound card?

        Paul

        Paul Goelz
        Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
        pgoelz@...
        www.pgoelz.com
      • Joseph Frippiat
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
          --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Goelz <pgoelz@...> wrote:

          > That sounds like the error I get when I try to open Speclab via
          > remote desktop in Vista or Win7 and have the remote desktop server
          > set to include sound. I have assumed it is because two programs are
          > trying to access the same device.
          >
          > Do you have another program using the sound card?

          No, Spectrum Lab is running alone.

          Joseph
        • Jan Sjöholm
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2011
            --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Frippiat" <joseph_frippiat@...> wrote:

            > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Goelz <pgoelz@> wrote:
            > >
            > > That sounds like the error I get when I try to open Speclab via
            > > remote desktop in Vista or Win7 and have the remote desktop server
            > > set to include sound. I have assumed it is because two programs are
            > > trying to access the same device.
            > >
            > > Do you have another program using the sound card?
            >
            > No, Spectrum Lab is running alone.
            >
            > Joseph

            It runs fine under Windows 7 starter on my low budget Toshiba N210 laptop. Don't like W7 but it gets the job done (somehow.... but i prefere my old XP). Have you the latest driver for your sound card?
            /Jan
          • jfahrenh
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
              Hello Joseph-

              I just happened across this post while trying to troubleshoot the same problem on a Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows Vista. In my case, simply plugging in headphones and a microphone made the problem disappear. Apparently, Windows Vista (and up??) can sense whether there is actually something plugged in to the input/output device- at least on my system anyway. I am using the onboard (motherboard) audio chipset. This reply probably comes too late to help you, but perhaps someone else 'Googling' about may benefit. Hope this helps.

              Joe F. KC8RKL